Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how does this guy get almost 400 aces?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DiscGolfer

There isn't a pro out there with anywhere near that many aces that I know of? What is he doing different? I guess it could just be he is dead on accurate. it just seems weird to me.

He primarily plays one course and certain holes over and over and over again (easily over 10,000 times by now) with a camera trained on them. An obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
      He primarily plays one course and certain holes over and over and over again (easily over 10,000 times by now) with a camera trained on them. An obsession.
      Set up camera, throw disc after disc at basket, post video on YouTube. That's not really disc golf....or is it?

Comment

Cubby is a big loser . All his aces are at like 170 to 250 feet. Anyone throws a hole a hundred times in one sitting and they will hit an ace. Bullshite
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm gonna buy 100 Wasps and bring them to Horning's Highland #13 so I can film myself getting an ace too!
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Why #13? I would think #8 would be far easier.

By the by... met someone the other night who was telling me about his buddy's first three aces - holes 5, 6 and 7 on the highland course... all in a row just like 2 weeks ago.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              By the by... met someone the other night who was telling me about his buddy's first three aces - holes 5, 6 and 7 on the highland course... all in a row just like 2 weeks ago.
              Wow. Not the three easiest holes on the course to ace.

Comment

I know. I was a little stunned to hear it.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Why #13? I would think #8 would be far easier.
                  I think #8 is the easiest BIRDIE on the course, but somehow the tree branches get in the way of an ace run for me; I always send it in low just to be safe. But I've hit metal three times on #13, even though it's blind.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I figured it had to be something like he was sitting there tossing at a basket. I don't count an ace unless it is my first toss and it has to be in a game, mulligans don't count. But that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                      I don't count an ace unless it is my first toss and it has to be in a game, mulligans don't count. But that is just me.
                      Not just you... I think that's how most of us would define an ace.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Hell, next time the wind isn't blowing I'll take a stack of putters out to Benson. I could probably pass Cubby up in a weekend.

Comment

A guy I know got an Ace on hole 5 at Adventist. We had to tell him holes within putting range are not aces hehe

Comment

I'm pretty sure Cubby retires all of his ace discs, also. There's a video of him on youtube going through ALL of his ace discs. A lot of CE plastic just hanging around.

Comment

well I guess if you have a trust fund to live on it would break the monotony of being an alcoholic...

(I am just being facetious)
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X