Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "One toke over the line" (newspaper story)

Apparently some disc-golfing genius in Grand Forks, ND thought it would be a good idea to put on a well-publicized tournament and call it "4-2-0 Frolf."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/125551/

Dumbass!
    Oregon disc golf map

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Apparently some disc-golfing genius in Grand Forks, ND thought it would be a good idea to put on a well-publicized tournament and call it "4-2-0 Frolf."

http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/125551/

Dumbass!
    Genius!

And this guy expected to have 1000 participants? That's one hell of a tournament.

I wonder what's in the player's packs?

Comment

I think it is unfortunate that we are associated with pot as well. You don't see baseball players toking out in between pitches. Why can't people just save it til they get home.

Comment

wake me when it's over
        educate your thinking

Comment

You don't see disc golfers making millions of dollars either, though.

Actually, I think the local disc golf community in that area handled the situation properly and were responding to one local who thought he was being smart. He wasn't - obviously (1000 players? He MUST be high!) - and was called on it.

I hope the city works with the local club to make sure that this event doesn't happen but that others do.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I like how he tried to explain it away after the City Council people finally googled it: "...insists that it’s just short for $4, the tournament fee; two, the number of players on a team; and “O,” the shape of the disc."
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Personnaly I dont care if you toke up. If you get caught, its your ass, not mine, since I dont smoke. But, if you are going to run an event like this, you are just asking for it. I really doubt the 4-2-0 meant $4 for entry 2 for teamates, and 0, the shape of the disc. Obviously this "event" has something for potsmokers in mind. Take a hit before each throw???? We all know plenty of smokers in this game, but something like this just leads people to think that disc golf is all about smoking out while playing. I really really hope this guy doesnt get permission to run this event.
              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Wouldn't it then be 42O then and not 420?
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Athletes in the public eye will have to be content with chewing tobacco.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Follow-up blog post from the reporter who wrote the original article:

http://areavoices.com/gfhcitybeat/?blog=54956
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Wouldn't it then be 42O then and not 420?
                      the 42 "0" is just when the O shaped discs is hitting a tree.

Comment

Maybe he is so high he thinks his discs are oblong?
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

In the documentation that the organizer sent to the city (page 18), he states: "4-$4 to enter the tournament per person, 2-Everyone needs a partner, 0-Each person needs at least one disc."

Wouldn't that be 421?

Comment

He wants to set up a huge tournament that will serve as a fundraiser for the city via entrapment of pot smokers?

Why doesn't he just rat out all of his pot smoking buddies to the local cops and save everybody a lot of effort?
                            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

That's what "Hempfests" are for.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X