League discussion and reference point for handy league info... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League discussion and reference point for handy league info...

I would like it if each league had there own topic headers. Threads would pertain to that particular league only. Naturally each league might post links to results, scheduling updates, trash talking within limits, current info....

I agree. On the agenda.
    Keep those suggestions coming!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I like league nights. This year I discovered Lunchtime League on Mondays and loved it.
      Also played Pier on Wednesday for the first time a few weeks ago.
      Kevin Madrid's Dabney Doubles has always been my favorite league. I miss not playing it as much as I used to. Never played Tuesday Twos, but I'd like to.
      Played a few of the weekend events at Milo and Timber.
      Has there ever been a Friday league? I know other clubs have them.
      Last edited by Wes Hansen; August 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Got plans, unfortunately. Unless it is early...
        Do you know what time that is all starting?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

No.
          (Why does a reply have to be 10 characters?)

Comment

I MAY play Adair tourney Sunday also.
            Depends on the work days this week.
            Today's 1/2 day hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen
              (Why does a reply have to be 10 characters?)
              It prevents the smiley-only reply... and is an anti-spam thing. Totally change-able...
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Last night was the last summer weekly in the Portland area.

Is someone going to step up and run a winter series of some kind? Maybe a Tour of some kind?
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sam-Moderator
                  Will you remove the Sam and I exchange that doesn't pertain to the topic- please. I think its a good one but off track to early.

My question- any winter weeklies happening?
                  Saturday?
                  Sunday?
                  Other than TDG?

MORE important- any word on next year at Lunchtime?
                  I know it just ended, but I now like LT and would hate to see LL not come back. Even if we don't get fed next year it's still the best run (i.e. Efficiently run) weekly there is. NO offense to anyone else- but the instant scoring and updates are the bomb. It's the overhead projector and Gawain!
                  I want to keep playing until I birdie 5!

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen
                    I know it just ended, but I now like LT and would hate to see LL not come back. Even if we don't get fed next year it's still the best run (i.e. Efficiently run) weekly there is.
                    I wouldn't make that statement until you come play Tuesday Twos a couple of times.

Comment

Two different events - both run as well as they could be.

The food pushes LL over the top, in my opinion. I think Ken better have his wife make us some chicken or something...
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wes, come to Tuesday Twos!

Gawain and I try to constantly outdo each other. Well, I constantly try to outdo him. I think he has an unfair advantage with the heated tournament central building and the incredibly generous church staff feeding everyone every night. Maybe I need to have a talk with REI...

Actually, I will admit that a lot of the Tuesday Twos flavor is a direct result of the experiences I had at Lunchtime League. Gawain sets a really high bar, and every year I try to raise it a little higher (where possible).

Have you seen the Tuesday Twos website? Have you seen the sponsorship, bounties, and videos? Have you seen this year's trophies?!

The way I figure, as long as Gawain and I keep trying to set the bar for the best, most over-the-top weekly ever, everyone will benefit.

Oh, and by the way, there is a rumor about someone possibly bringing a grill next year. I can't remember who mentioned it, but that would be cool.

Comment

Oh, and according to the Tuesday Twos website, it starts up again in only 229 days!

Comment

I figured we would hear from some of the TDs...
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore
                              Oh, and by the way, there is a rumor about someone possibly bringing a grill next year. I can't remember who mentioned it, but that would be cool.
                              That would be OTH Bob.

I'm down with bringing one, too.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X