X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please make him stop

OK, so the guy on YouTube is from Eugene, or close enough for jazz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFtqd...eature=channel

Can someone please tell him to stop making these ridiculous vids? Or at least provide a disclaimer to newbs that they're just a joke, or whatever? I mean, it's funny and all, but the misinformation has got to stop.

I don't want to know who he is, or how to contact him, because I don't want to lynch the poor bastard, but please, please, get him to stop.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Wow, his advice made me SO much better at disc golf...
    "Just go for it"

Comment

I used to live right next to Westmoreland and I'd see him out there once in awhile. From watching him play I'd never imagine that he'd try to creat a video tutorial, wow!
      Last edited by Shaolintrained; June 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolintrained View Post
        I used to live right next to Westmoreland and I'd see him out there once in awhile. From watching him play I'd never imagine that he'd try to creat a video tutorial, wow!
        As an expert in the disc golf arena, I think his advice is both sound and compelling. I would highly suggest to anyone I am playing against that they watch this video. Use it as a DG bible (Abridged, of course).

The next video in the series, "The X-step: Y?"

Comment

He isn't a pro but he is better than anybody that has never thrown before. This is the only video I have seen so I don't know what else he is trying to teach. It isn't as relavent as a tutorial from feldberg but it is more exposure to the sport. It is more(media) to introduce people to the sport, so be it. If it gets someone into the sport, mission accomplished. If any of the people that he inspires to start the sport want to get better they will find other options once they realize that he isn't the best person to be teaching advanced technique. I think if anybody needs to stop it is the frisbee golf playas. Where are they anyway?
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I think the only problem is that it's billed as part of some sort of "eHow Experts' Village." That gives it more credibility than it should have.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

freesbie golf playas

there at Wortman Park, I try to show them a golf disc after they try 8 times to stick it the chains and it just wont stay, and I get real dumbfounded when they tell me they have never seen one of them before yet many are flying all around the park, and as for the video didn't watch it but I also agree that if somehow it gets people into the sport great , will teach em from there

Comment

well that, and any guy who can throw a disc at ten and it doesn't come down until one, she-it, he's got my attention...
                educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                  and as for the video didn't watch it but
                  it's only a minute long, and worth every second in embarrassing humor.

He's got a whole series of expert village clips. This is the worst I've seen, though.

I just GO for it! Yayuh!

edit: You're right, J-man. 3 hours is probably a Guinness World Record for MTA...
                  Last edited by ChUcK; June 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

And TRC, hell it's like throwing it at SeaTac and driving down to Pier to see it land...ROFL
                    educate your thinking

Comment

I think this is some of the funniest sh#$ i've ever seen...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5_I3...eature=channel
                      Not as creative as keys

Comment

Now that was horrible. This is how to burn worms.
                        Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee View Post
                          I like the mic cord. I was waiting for him to get tangled up in it.
                          "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

10 years playing and teaching...

wow they must really suck at disc in Colo.
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

OMG that was so funny I didnt even watch all of it
                              PDGA # 31451
                              2 Mini Aces
                              75 Aces
                              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                              DISC GOLF OR DIE
                              BOB CABAL
                              DISCVANGO
                              JEFF ELLIOT
                              G-MAN
                              JORDAN LEWIS
                              JEFF HAGERTY
                              JAMES GARCELON
                              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X