X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refreshing sight

So I went down to Palm Springs last weekend to surprise pops for Father's Day. Of course I first checked for courses in the area. I happened to find one about a quarter mile from my parents place. However the 109 degree heat, and knowing dad would want to play ball golf I left my plastic at home.

I was curious to see what the course looked like so I headed over there to check it out and was greeted with this:

The park was actually a huge soccer field complex and the holes were configured around the perimeter. Didn't look like much, but gotta love shutting it down except for us.
    Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
    PDGA #37890
    Stumptown #157
    ODW TDG 10-11
    3C&D TDG 09-10

That's awesome! Now, if they would just buy a calendar and update their signs, that would be awesome-er.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hagg is pretty much the same way, but there isnt signs posting it. The lake area is closed to people fishing in the winter, but free entry to disc golfers, and the bikers and walkers who want to come out.
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Don't get cocky. It's probably more about letting the grass recover than it is about reserving it for golf.

Still... Good for golfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          That's awesome! Now, if they would just buy a calendar and update their signs, that would be awesome-er.
          Actually, I hope they just let it ride, because it's going to be a long, long time before August 1st, 2008 rolls around again.
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X