Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play the holes out of order?!?! OMG! I'd probably seg fault or something!

Comment

I believe there is a sign on the info board about TT but few people seem to read it. I think there is info on the park website too. And it's been on Tuesdays since 2005. This park is extremely popular in the summer on week nights and it makes sense to close the park. Isn't that what a league generally does. When you go to a bowling alley on a league night, you can't just show up and play. It is a disappointment to show up to a course and find it closed. Who hasn't driven out to Milo and had it be closed?

When Orchard has been closed by various groups, usually bright orange fliers are posted several days in advance notifying of the closer.
      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
        this has nothing to do with the topic, sorry i just have to give garrett a little info. steilicoom is casually known as "steily" (pronounced stilly) , not "coom". just wanted to let you know so your on board with the lingo.
        Really? Everybody HERE calls it "coom"? j/k

Bob

Comment

hmmm... I don't know of very many bowling alleys that are built and maintained with public money.

Comment

For some strange reason I keep picking Thursdays to play Dabney and I always run into league night

Comment

Bowling alleys are different. You ALWAYS have to pay to play whereas at a disc golf course, you do not.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Since you live in Vernonia you should come and help out with the work parties at Stub Stewart (putting in an 18 hole course).

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_R View Post
                  Since you live in Vernonia you should come and help out with the work parties at Stub Stewart (putting in an 18 hole course).
                  Which reminds me....
                  Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

of the time your grandma gave you a wire coat hanger she had so adeptly covered in yarn as a Christmas gift when you were 10?
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                      this has nothing to do with the topic, sorry i just have to give garrett a little info. steilicoom is casually known as "steily" (pronounced stilly) , not "coom". just wanted to let you know so your on board with the lingo.
                      Aight, "Steily" it is then. (Watch in amazement as I misspell it perpetually from now on because that "I before E" thingy will totally confuse my old depreciated brain something fierce)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Bowling alleys are different. You ALWAYS have to pay to play whereas at a disc golf course, you do not.
                        Actually, everyone that owns property or lives in Hillsboro foots the bill for Orchard park (including myself). You only have to pay at a bowling alley if you so choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_R View Post
                          When and where?

Comment

Um... kind of. I don't think Salem is actually in Hillsboro but OK...

In any event, if there was not a disc golf course there and there was some other kind of park, you would still foot the bill for it. And... it would be awfully difficult to play at a bowling alley without paying. Well... for long, anyway.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by badbitbucket View Post
                              When and where?
                              Check out THIS THREAD. As for how get to Stub Stewart park, you can look that up on the State Parks website.
                              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                                Check out THIS THREAD. As for how get to Stub Stewart park, you can look that up on the State Parks website.
                                LOL! Dude, I drive by it twice everyday. I meant where in the park. I'll check out the thread, thanks!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X