X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collegiate Disc Golf

I need some more information about this. I just got accepted at UW, and the first thing that came to my mind was forming a ragtag team to represent the huskies.

Isn't Coury a part of this for the Ducks? If so, can someone who knows PM me for my contact info, so they can give it to him? Or something? I'm too lazy/smart to fruitlessly search the labyrinthine PDGA website for info- I tried once and found only a crappy news clipping about UGA.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Congrats on getting accepted! I was thinking about starting a disc golf team if/when I went to grad school but found that I wouldn't be able to play. I think there were age restrictions which bummed me out...
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
      I need some more information about this. I just got accepted at UW, and the first thing that came to my mind was forming a ragtag team to represent the huskies.

Isn't Coury a part of this for the Ducks? If so, can someone who knows PM me for my contact info, so they can give it to him? Or something? I'm too lazy/smart to fruitlessly search the labyrinthine PDGA website for info- I tried once and found only a crappy news clipping about UGA.
      Chuck, pm whslaxplayer11, he is on the U of O team.

Bob

Comment

http://ncdgu.com/

Comment

I can't wait for a Duck vs. Husky disc golf show down. Didn't the huskies used to have a football team?

Comment

Congrats chuck on your acceptance!
            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I didn't find any mention about age restrictions, but you may have already lost amateur status when you tried to join?

From the website:
              In order to compete for the title of Collegiate Disc Golf Team Champion, each member of the team shall meet the following criteria:

1. Currently registered as a student* at an accredited college/university. (Must prove enrollment prior to Championship.)
              2. If the student is also a member of the Professional Disc Golf Association, he/she must maintain amateur status.
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Thats what it was - I didn't try to join, but was looking into what it took to start a UW club.

Maybe if I let my membership lapse...
                'Weekend 4 Women':
                Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Well, I talked to the student activities office and they were nothing but supportive, even gave me all the info for the Ultimate team so they could help start a disc golf club. It might be a while before I have the kind of internal support necessary, but I bet we'll have a team before the end of my first year there.

Anybody have name ideas for a UW Huskies DG Team that aren't lame?

Comment

UW Poodles? Or maybe Tail-Tuckers?
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

How about "The Huckin Fuskies" ?

Huck off,
                      BA

Comment

Ummm... why not "Huskies"? Don't collegiate disc golf teams usually just use the school nickname?
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The Huk-sies.

Oh, you said "not lame". Nevermind.

Comment

Well, one thing I've noticed with collegiate club teams versus official (appropriate adjective) teams is the freedom to choose your own mascot. The UCSB men's Ultimate team was The Black Tide, UW's is the Sundodgers, etc.

Huckin' Fuskies FTW!! I wonder what kind of stink that would raise....

Comment

I like the Huckin' Fuskies!!!! GOOOO Fuskies!!!
                              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X