Nationals Deaf Disc Golf Championships - Washington 2012 Bid Host Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals Deaf Disc Golf Championships - Washington 2012 Bid Host

Hello NW Disc Golfers,

This is to inform you that I am a chairperson for Washington Deaf Disc Golf Association. WDDGA will bid a host when I attend and play NDDGC (www.ddga.org) tournament in Springfield, IL. Click on www.IL09.org .

Can you help me a list of disc golf clubs in Washington? I would like to meet club members/officers about volunteer and sponsor.

If you have any questions, don't hestitate to post me.

Thank you very much.

Gerardo

Let me make this short, WDDGA needs the support of the hearing disc golf community in washington to be able to make a strong bid to host the 2012 Nationals. This is a chance for washington to stand out a little... I think I read somewhere on this forum that Washington has no real leaders or stand out volunteers...
    It wont be alot of work, but a ton of fun...

Comment

If you have any doubts.. you should ask the boys and gals who helped out with Horning's Hideout for ODDGA Championship during the last weekend of May!

We can use the help of the Northwest community to make this a success!
      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I'm newer to the state but the only clubs I can think of are Tacoma Disc Golf Players Association, Seattle Disc Golf Club, West Sound Disc Golf Association, White River Disc Golf Club - I'll take a quick google search to see if anything else is out there.
        'Weekend 4 Women':
        Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
        Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Unverified but these are all listed on google: Olympia Disc Golf Club, Spokane Disc Golf Association, Fort Walla Wall Disc Golf Club, Tri City Disc Golf Club, Whatcom County Disc Golf Club
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Thank you Andrew... I will make sure that G. gets the information.
            Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
            DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I would be thrilled to your the event held in Washington! If there is anything I can do in any way to help out with this let me know!
              If you need some contact names PM me, I know of few of the big guys for some of our state clubs.
              "Just because you have a club doesn't mean you're organized..."

Comment

Reply to Snap

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                Let me make this short, WDDGA needs the support of the hearing disc golf community in washington to be able to make a strong bid to host the 2012 Nationals. This is a chance for washington to stand out a little... I think I read somewhere on this forum that Washington has no real leaders or stand out volunteers...
                It wont be alot of work, but a ton of fun...
                WDDGA has a few good leaders, they believe organization builds stronger up first therefore WDDGA organizes 4th years since 2006. We thanked Steven Hopkinson, founder/president. He introduced me to WDDGA tour then I help WDDGA making a big difference.

Last weekend at Lakewood Open, we met many great disc golf community members. Some of them are happy to help me out. Crystal and I enjoyed meeting great players.

Snap, WDDGA looks forward to share with Deaf Disc Golf Assocation members our bid host information. Members vote for WA12 (Washington 2012). Thank you for the post. See you in Springfield!

Comment

Originally posted by kokaneeninja View Post
                  I would be thrilled to your the event held in Washington! If there is anything I can do in any way to help out with this let me know!
                  If you need some contact names PM me, I know of few of the big guys for some of our state clubs.
                  Yes, please email me at gerardo_dipietro@yahoo.com for a list of the big disc golf community middleman like a ship serving between countries. Smiles. Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                    I'm newer to the state but the only clubs I can think of are Tacoma Disc Golf Players Association, Seattle Disc Golf Club, West Sound Disc Golf Association, White River Disc Golf Club - I'll take a quick google search to see if anything else is out there.
                    Andrew, you are best volunteer at Lakewood Open. I really appreciated you.

Back to your post, thank you for sharing with me the list of clubs. Crystal shared with me last Saturday. Thank your for your time.

Hope to meet you in Illionis. It would be nice for you to watch NDDGC in Springfield.

Comment

WDDGA won the bid to host National Deaf Disc Golf Championship for 2012!

It was between Washington and Wisconsin trying to win the rights to host 2012 NDDGC, and the votes were landside which resulted Washington Deaf Disc Golf Assoc. to win. There were 101 players at 2009 National Deaf Disc Golf Championship at Springfield, IL last July 9th-11th. The tournament went very well, and everyone had great time. If I would sign up for Women Open, I would have place 4th out of 7 ladies but I settled for as Women Master Champion with very nice plague and 40 dollars cash. Thanks to IL09 staff, and they rock!!
                      PDGA 38506
                      ODDGA 27
                      DDGA 176
                      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
                        It was between Washington and Wisconsin trying to win the rights to host 2012 NDDGC, and the votes were landside which resulted Washington Deaf Disc Golf Assoc. to win. There were 101 players at 2009 National Deaf Disc Golf Championship at Springfield, IL last July 9th-11th. The tournament went very well, and everyone had great time. If I would sign up for Women Open, I would have place 4th out of 7 ladies but I settled for as Women Master Champion with very nice plague and 40 dollars cash. Thanks to IL09 staff, and they rock!!

Yay Nichola that is awesome congrats

Cindy
                        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

Washington is the winner of the bid for 2012 Nationals.
                          Snap7times is now the new DDGA president.
                          Texas swept Open, ADV Ams, and Masters.
                          Robin Hood and Snap7times win doubles.
                          Snap7times will be driving hard to improve DDGA as a whole and to raise the standards of DDGA to get more nation wide sponsors and recognition.
                          That's the simple version...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            Washington is the winner of the bid for 2012 Nationals.
                            Snap7times is now the new DDGA president.
                            Texas swept Open, ADV Ams, and Masters.
                            Robin Hood and Snap7times win doubles.
                            Snap7times will be driving hard to improve DDGA as a whole and to raise the standards of DDGA to get more nation wide sponsors and recognition.
                            That's the simple version...
                            Sounds like a pretty successful weekend for you. Way to go.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X