X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultra-Glide (wow -what a name) congrats

Way to go Dexter Dogs Nate Sexton and Andy Hock up in "America's Hat" aka Canada.

Nice shooting and nice payday...or is that Canadian$$?

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=8955

wow. why in god's name was that payout so high?
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
      I noticed that too...impressive! Even though there were only 4 open women, they all cashed, and I imagine got more than their money back. Not a bad deal at all.

And Nate or Andy (or any BCers lurking on here), how's the Rose Hill course looking these days? I heard it was sweet before the pine beetle infestation, but was seriously hurting afterwards. Have they been able to get it shaped up again?
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
        Perhaps they run a good event.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

It was an A-tier event, more people should come next year. I had a great time and the courses were fun and challenging despite the mountain pine beetle's best efforts to destroy the Kamloops disc golf scene. Everyone there was really nice and the club has come together and worked really hard to make the courses as good as they can be after 80% of the trees have been killed in the last 3 years by the beetles.
          The Black Rose course is a par 59 with lots of elevation and measures about 7,500ft. The Rose Hill course is the original course and we played a tweaked par 56 layout, it is flatter but still a nice course. We (Pros) played Black Rose first and last and Rose Hill in the middle round. The middle round was 40mph sustained winds for the last 14 holes, Daveberg put on a wind clinic and showed me that I need to keep practicing before I have a shot at beating him in conditions like that. In one 4 hole stretch I lost 5 strokes to him, and that was the tournament basically.
          The Kamloops club is looking to go bigger next year and I am going to do what I can to get back up there, I encourage more of you to join in the fun.
          Nate
          Innova Champion Discs
          Discmania
          huk lab
          Keen Footwear
          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
          Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
          Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
            It was an A-tier event, more people should come next year. I had a great time and the courses were fun and challenging despite the mountain pine beetle's best efforts to destroy the Kamloops disc golf scene. Everyone there was really nice and the club has come together and worked really hard to make the courses as good as they can be after 80% of the trees have been killed in the last 3 years by the beetles.
            The Black Rose course is a par 59 with lots of elevation and measures about 7,500ft. The Rose Hill course is the original course and we played a tweaked par 56 layout, it is flatter but still a nice course. We (Pros) played Black Rose first and last and Rose Hill in the middle round. The middle round was 40mph sustained winds for the last 14 holes, Daveberg put on a wind clinic and showed me that I need to keep practicing before I have a shot at beating him in conditions like that. In one 4 hole stretch I lost 5 strokes to him, and that was the tournament basically.
            The Kamloops club is looking to go bigger next year and I am going to do what I can to get back up there, I encourage more of you to join in the fun.
            Nate
            Hey Nate,

That Wind lesson is a valuable one to learn and you might as well learn it from Dave Feldberg, after all he learned it from the best in the game, Ken Climo. Dave was featured in an article where he tells about the time Ken worked him in the last round of a tournament that Dave was leading going into the last round! It goes something like, the first two rounds there was no wind and Dave was playing really well, then the last round the wind kicked up and Ken walked away with the win. Dave could not believe it because Ken was throwing flippy plastic on hyzer lines in the wind and Dave was throwing over-stable discs that would just stall out. It was a good and informative read!

Just wanted to add a comment about the payout. I believe a Pro A-tier requires a minimum of $1500.00 added cash, and when you have a small field added cash goes a long way. Congratulations Kamloops it sounds like you are doing a good job up there, I hope that in the future more tournament golfers can make the trip, I do believe that if Canada was bordering Oregon there would have been more golfers there!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

If you live in Portland, the Canadian border is closer than the Californian border, and that's saying something...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X