X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Mugging' at Sea Tac

Last Sunday at around noon, Brent Smith was playing hole 11 when 3 young thugs on motorbikes began to harass him. One of them tried to get his disc out of the 11th basket but he fended the youth off. After he teed off on 12 there were words between them and then one of the thugs managed to grab Brent's bag of discs. Brent chased after him but only managed to pull his quad muscle.
    The kid is described as a black youth, about 16 years old 6' tall wearing horned rimmed glasses. He was riding one of those ridiculous little motorcycles that only monkeys in the circus should be riding. The bike was hand painted blue.
    Brent was alone, and does not carry a cell phone.
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

that's bullsh*t! the seatac area is pretty sketchy though. sh*t like that happens nearly everywhere at random times and locations. hope brent's alright.
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
      that's bullsh*t!

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! i hope that got reported to the police. that park needs more involvment from the city in alot of ways and that is a big one right there. the comunity cant let that park be taken over by thugs and wannabee gansters.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I would like to suggest that if anyone hears a small engine running throught the park call the cops. They are illegal for use in the park. These hoodlims probubly stole the " hand painted scooter" Keep your bags close to you and don't get rolled for a disc It's really not worth it.
        rewindb.com

Comment

Honest officer, I only carry this machete to help clear blackberries.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Jeff I carry the new firebird machette from innova at 25' it's pretty effective
            rewindb.com

Comment

Gosh that sucks, well, aside from the mugging, one thing we can all learn from this is a proper warm up and stretching before playing goes a longg ways - more than we can ever know, so if in the event of an emergency, our body cooperates.
              I had a similar situation like this out at Rocklin about a month and a half ago. Me and a buddy unleash a couple long drives on hole #14, my disc gets caught in the tree wayy down. My buddy throws his 2nd shot and is 30 feet from the basket. However, there were 3 guys already on the hole, but like 100 feet off to the right of the dirt path and were taking forever down in the trees, prob smoking up or something stupid so we played through. While we were getting my disc out, the 3 guys finished out the hole and went to hole 15 tee. We went up to finish out 14 as well and my buddy's disc is missing, my buddy is like 6 foot 215 pounds and immediately takes off after the 3 guys who dont seem to be interested in playing disc golf anymore and are acting suspicious like they are handing something to eachother. The 3 guys have no where to run after my buddy is screaming with his deaf voice that booms across the entire course and grabs at least another 5-10 DG'ers attention. He confronted them and he ordered them to open their bags up and sure enough his disc is sitting right there, he grabs it and the guys gave him shix for it, and he was like you really wanna mess with me and they just took off flashing stupid stuff to cover their fear for being busted so easily. The stupid part was trying to rip off a disc less than 100 feet from us in plain sight.
              Sad that we need to start thinking about not disc golfing alone to protect ourselves more and more or choose a course that is not empty.

Comment

I'm so sorry that happened to Brent. That just gets me depressed. I think the Sea-Tac "club" or a group of DGers should consider approaching the city as a united front to express the concern. What if this was another scenario: they were to take a woman's purse while she was walking a dog, with her 2 year-old daughter. Would they react more strongly to that? Again, very sorry to hear about this stuff!

Comment

They should make a special disc with razer blades for punks like that. What a way to ruin your relaxing day.

Comment

I was there last Sunday. I played 36 holes.

There just wasnt alot of people out playing that day, the course was pretty much empty.

I saw the idiots on thier minibikes a couple of times, but they never got in my way, or even gave me a second look.
                    There was a few of them, maybe four or five.
                    I wasnt sure about the legality of scooters in the park, but now that I know, I will try to make a point of correcting the situation.

I'm sorry to hear about Brent. We gotta get him some new discs, hes gonna need a nice beat in Pro Destroyer for sure.

Its kinda funny though, there was people coming and going from the maintenance yard on Sunday, they must have heard the minibikes too, I wonder why they didnt call the cops ?

Comment

Anything with a motor is not allowed in public parks past the parking lot...
                      People in general are getting lazier about calling the cops on certain things. It's up to us to take up the task.
                      In my expirence, the majority of mainteance workers in parks are not of the majority culture and mind their own business as much as possible and dont really care for the parks as much as the users do, like us... I've had my issues with them at certain parks before...
                      As for Brent, time to get armed and dangerous! yes...

Wish this happened to someone with karate skills like Dion or something, hiah, kowwweah, swoosehah... *3 "tough" teenagers squirming in pain on the ground thinking WTH did they just try to do*

Comment

this is why i play lakewood at 9 in the morning when the hoods are still nursing their hangovers and passed out from a night of heroin and pills

Comment

I was out at Seatac yesterday braving the heat and spotted a dude that met the description of one of the guys that mugged Brent. African American kid, about 6', heavier set...about 200-220lbs I'd guess, with glasses riding a blue minibike through the park. Tried to get a photo on my cell but missed him. Everyone keep on the lookout. I'd love to see these guys get caught!
                          I putt, therefore I am.

Comment

If this dumb turd is a tweaker, he'll be making some mistakes in this heat. Our former neighbor's grandson (meth boy) is in prison again after more stolen cars, and his brother (who has a restraining order I believe) actually was walking into their neighbor's open garage and was caught. Be careful ... people are really squirelly out there in this heat. Ken

Comment

*cocks his gun*

Don't worry, I am ready

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X