Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want to get into the argument about Guns, but I will say one universal truth. When you take away guns from the law abiding citizens, then only law abiding citizens will be without guns. Criminals will never give up their guns so the argument is moot. Carrying a gun to a golf course, which I do from time to time when playing night golf, is only a way to protect oneself in he event of a real threat. The mini-bikers stealing my bag would not have gotten shot. I also wouldn't have walked more than a foot away from my bag if I knew they were around. However, if I was chasing after them and caught up to one and knocked him off his crappy little bike and then they all surrounded me and tried to pummel me for hurting one of their comrades, i would have shot the lot of them. if they were big enough to do me harm and they have the intent to do so, then they are big enough to reap the rewards of their decisions. I have zero problem shooting gang banger wanna-be types, I just hope 1 bullet does the job so they can't sue me.

Comment

When a gun comes out, usually no one gets shot. When a second gun comes out, very often someone gets shot.

You is takin' yo chances, assumin' you has the only gun.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
        When you take away guns from the law abiding citizens, then only law abiding citizens will be without guns.
        This is not a universal truth; it is a truth of the United States of America. You should check out the gun laws for some other industrialized countries, and compare those to their statistics on gun-related violence and deaths. We are a rare breed, us of the New World, with our very unique history and roots.
        anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          I don't want to get into the argument about Guns, but I will say one universal truth. When you take away guns from the law abiding citizens, then only law abiding citizens will be without guns. Criminals will never give up their guns so the argument is moot. Carrying a gun to a golf course, which I do from time to time when playing night golf, is only a way to protect oneself in he event of a real threat. The mini-bikers stealing my bag would not have gotten shot. I also wouldn't have walked more than a foot away from my bag if I knew they were around. However, if I was chasing after them and caught up to one and knocked him off his crappy little bike and then they all surrounded me and tried to pummel me for hurting one of their comrades, i would have shot the lot of them. if they were big enough to do me harm and they have the intent to do so, then they are big enough to reap the rewards of their decisions. I have zero problem shooting gang banger wanna-be types, I just hope 1 bullet does the job so they can't sue me.
          Exactly, everyone here thinks I would have "capped" those guys on the bikes, not the case at all, my point was that in the future if something worse happend then I would be glad to have it. If I go and nothing happens then no harm no foul on bringing the gun but if something does happen that is worse than this case then I will be glad that I did have it and dead if I didn't have it. I knew that this sport is a very liberal sport and most people on a forum for DG would be anti-gun and I figured I would be in the minority so thank you Brian.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            When a gun comes out, usually no one gets shot. When a second gun comes out, very often someone gets shot.

You is takin' yo chances, assumin' you has the only gun.
            I don't assume that Bob, that is why I carry a gun because ... OTHER PEOPLE HAVE GUNS OR KNIVES AND WANT TO HURT YOU. I can't be any more clear with my posts here I guess some of you just won't get it.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Don't assume I'm anti-gun. I was just stating an interesting fact about the gun thing. Just having one hand in a jacket pocket can be an effective deterrent at times.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Well, Bush/Cheney and the neo-cons did one excellent job during their two terms ... domestically divided and conquered/started and maintained an internal war of cultural ideology. Red vs. Blue, Gay vs. Straight, God Believers vs. Atheists, Gun Advocates vs. Others Who Don't Want to Take Your Guns Away and Are Not Anti-Gun But Want Better Regulations on How to Get Guns. Honestly, if I was playing with Sillybizz and we were in a heap of trouble and he pulled out his gun, I would be very grateful that he had a gun! I don't own a gun and I doubt I ever will. Sizzybizz is probably a very good citizen who would never do something stupid, and we know Sam wouldn't harm a fly. There are those folks out there that (in Arizona?) can now bring concealed guns into bars. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
                  Well, Bush/Cheney and the neo-cons did one excellent job during their two terms ... domestically divided and conquered/started and maintained an internal war of cultural ideology. Red vs. Blue, Gay vs. Straight, God Believers vs. Atheists, Gun Advocates vs. Others Who Don't Want to Take Your Guns Away and Are Not Anti-Gun But Want Better Regulations on How to Get Guns. Honestly, if I was playing with Sillybizz and we were in a heap of trouble and he pulled out his gun, I would be very grateful that he had a gun! I don't own a gun and I doubt I ever will. Sizzybizz is probably a very good citizen who would never do something stupid, and we know Sam wouldn't harm a fly. There are those folks out there that (in Arizona?) can now bring concealed guns into bars. That is a disaster waiting to happen.
                  I couldn't agree with you more Ken and not just because you are giving me compliments. I have never drank with a gun on my person and guns in bars are a bad bad bad bad idea and I am %100 against that and am very happy it is not legal in Washington. I totally agree that more needs to be done to keep guns out of the hands of people who don't deserve them, infact when they passed the law that makes people with domestic abuse convictions inelligible to have carry permits I thought that was a great move, I am not a "gun nut" who doesn't want regulations on guns. Thank you Ken that is a perfect posting. By the way the Bush years were horrible and this is coming from a Republican.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I didn't like Bush either. I don't care where you ban guns .. in a bar, a school, a courtroom, a post office or a church. Criminals don't follow the rules anyhow so a ban makes no difference.

And as far as our culture being all American and that our gun ownership status in America being singular in the world is correct. The problem is we are living in a country that has guns everywhere. They aren't going away and they never will. My dad went to Beaverton High and he used ot bring his rifle for shooting class. No one ever got shot, because kids were taught common frigging sense back then. Now kids are not supposed to be told "NO" and not supposed to be disciplined in anyway besides sitting in a corner sulking and getting madder. If parents still expected their kids to obey and to subjugate their feelings for the greater good and to be a part of something larger, then we wouldn't have people who grow up thinking that everything in the world revolves around them. When kids grow up nowadays they are expected to be raised in a child centered home. This concept has failed and our results are kids that get disenfranchised when they meet all the other child centered kids who demand THEIR own way and the weaker willed child doesn't get what he wants like he is used to at home. These kids have never been taught to sacrifice, or to subjugate or, for that matter, to even care about anyone else because their parents came running everytime the child whined for a goodie. So in the real world they can't cope and they explode and boom, they shoot up a school.

Guns didn't do that, Parents did. The change in society where people no longer are held responsible for actions. There are no consequences and everyone else is to blame. There were guns more readily available in 1930's than now and you never saw a school shooting back then. You never saw a postal employee go crazy and shoot everyone up. You can blame guns if you would like, but since the 80's when they banned the sale of machine guns (machine guns made after the date in the 80's, I think it was 1984) to private citizens crime has only gone up. Since they made it almost impossible to carry a handgun in New York many decades ago, there has been no decrease in gun related crimes because criminals DON'T FREAKING CARE about the rules. Please! How do people not see that? No gun related laws will affect criminals... none. No matter how strict. The only people they punish are those who wish to protect themselves.

I hate to use a cliche', but it rings very true. When they come for my guns they will get them but they will get the bullets first. It's not about me keeping a $400 gun, it's about the fact that once that right is gone ... America is finished.

Comment

Good Luck with your event Jubner, & Guy. I know you and others have put a lot of work into the Seatac course over the years. Hopefully the muggie can get some new/used disc's and get back out there and play that challenging course. TW p.s. Sound like a new Jubscam needs to get started!!

Comment

I dont want to stir up anything more on this thread but just wanted to throw some info out there.

Me and my wife were playing a Lakewood. When we got there we could hear yelling by the houses along #3's fairway, but no big deal right?

We just finished hole 1 and walking to hole 2 when two guys and one girl went to sit out on the bench for hole 3.

I took out my starfire to drive on hole 2 but pulled it a little bit sending it in the general direction of the bench on hole 3 where they were sitting I yelled fore right away very loud a couple of times while they just sat there looking at me.

When the disc landed one of the guys started going absolutly ape shit trying to come after me, during this time the other guy and his girlfriend were trying to hold him back as he is falling on the ground, jumping and doing everything thing he can to get to me.

After he realized his friends werent going to let him through he yelled "Im going inside to get my gun and shoot your ass!"

Of course after this me and my wife called 911.

Needless to say that part of town is sketchy, never had any other problems there and still continue to go to both Lakewood and Seatac unarmed, and plan to keep it that way. The less guns the better, but I can understand if people want to have one on them just be responsible.
                        www.soulpancake.com
                        www.bahai.org
                        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
                          I dont want to stir up anything more on this thread but just wanted to throw some info out there.

Me and my wife were playing a Lakewood. When we got there we could hear yelling by the houses along #3's fairway, but no big deal right?

We just finished hole 1 and walking to hole 2 when two guys and one girl went to sit out on the bench for hole 3.

I took out my starfire to drive on hole 2 but pulled it a little bit sending it in the general direction of the bench on hole 3 where they were sitting I yelled fore right away very loud a couple of times while they just sat there looking at me.

When the disc landed one of the guys started going absolutly ape shit trying to come after me, during this time the other guy and his girlfriend were trying to hold him back as he is falling on the ground, jumping and doing everything thing he can to get to me.

After he realized his friends werent going to let him through he yelled "Im going inside to get my gun and shoot your ass!"

Needless to say that part of town is sketchy, never had any other problems there and still continue to go to both Lakewood and Seatac unarmed, and plan to keep it that way. The less guns the better, but I can understand if people want to have one on them just be responsible.
                          Glad to hear your wife and yourself are ok. Being responsible with firearms is what it is all about.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

So what happened after you called 911?

Comment

Part of me thinks guns should be mandatory in bars...marshmallow guns at least.

I think you ought to be able to putt with a marshmallow gun, assuming you have a concealed carry permit and are outside of 30 meters.

Comment

They just moved the #2 basket to the left position, closest to the entry road.
                                That's a tough birdie from near the #3 bench, what were you doing waaaaay up there.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X