X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah... and the next time someone gets killed by a joint or a beer, you might have approached the realm of logic. As of now, however, you sound like the Republican that you are.
    20,000 people every year die from alcohol related car crashes there Sam, and countless more than that die from liver failure due to chronic alcohol abuse. 10,000 people die every year from gun related shootings, I am not sure how many are from illegal or legal guns. Next time you see someone getting wasted and smoking weed playing disc golf and then go and drive thier car home think about that, it could be one of your friends or family that die because of that person.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It's crazy that this country - which allows any yokel to own a gun - has such problems with violence whereas other countries that don't allow ANYONE to own a gun have almost no problems with violence. CRAZY, I tell you.

They should all be confiscated and melted down into plowshares. Hey... it's almost biblical.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
        20,000 people every year die from alcohol related car crashes there Sam, and countless more than that die from liver failure due to chronic alcohol abuse. 10,000 people die every year from gun related shootings, I am not sure how many are from illegal or legal guns. Next time you see someone getting wasted and smoking weed playing disc golf and then go and drive thier car home think about that, it could be one of your friends or family that die because of that person.
        Yes, yes... I have heard the NRA gobbeldy-gook on this subject and find it all very unconvincing.

But excellent use of the emotion-laden argument. Did you hear that on Faux News or something? Maybe it could be YOUR BABY! YOUR BABY! YOUR BABY!

Here... let me try...

With a gun in your house, there is a chance that one of your children will find it and kill someone else or themself. YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD!

Without a gun in your house, there is absolutely zero chance of this happening. Think about that the next time you uh... fondle your piece.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yes, yes... I have heard the NRA gobbeldy-gook on this subject and find it all very unconvincing.

But excellent use of the emotion-laden argument. Did you hear that on Faux News or something? Maybe it could be YOUR BABY! YOUR BABY! YOUR BABY!

Here... let me try...

With a gun in your house, there is a chance that one of your children will find it and kill someone else or themself. YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD! YOUR CHILD!

Without a gun in your house, there is absolutely zero chance of this happening. Think about that the next time you uh... fondle your piece.
          I don't trust any news program as you can't trust journalist period no matter where they work, they used to work for the people but that was many years ago before all of our time. I looked it up on my own thank you very much. I am not a nut Sam, I am a pretty rational person, I believe that guns get into the hands of people that shouldn't have them waaaaaaay too often, on most social issues I have liberal views. Republicans say less government, less government, the government should stay out of peoples hair etc. but when it comes to stem cell research or weed or gay marriage all of a sudden big government is the way to go and they want to run your life, they don't have that right IMO. I have always had a more Libertarian view on those style of issues and I think the religious right are a bunch of idiots and the Bush years were horrible (I voted for Gore, then in 2004 I didn't vote because both candidates to me were idiots) so please don't see me as your regular run of the mill Republican spouting the most popular answers and on the issue of guns I again take the more Libertarian approach. There is already a great system put into place for checking the backgroud of people wanting to purchase a firearm and there needs to be more done but please don't limit my right and the rights of people that have proven them self resonsible enough to own and operate a firearm.

OK I think I am done, although I probably forgot something, oh well...

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Oh I guess my point is that people cry about gun related deaths and it's a major political argument but drunk driving is somehow not as important and to me they both have serious issues and both can and should be prevented.

By the way Sam no hard feelings and I would love to play a round or two with you sometime if I ever come down your way. I would leave the gun at home of course. jk.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
              Oh I guess my point is that people cry about gun related deaths and it's a major political argument but drunk driving is somehow not as important and to me they both have serious issues and both can and should be prevented.
              And both should be. Using one to justify the other, however, is not helpful to the actual guts of the argument. Red Herring is what we call that.

By the way Sam no hard feelings and I would love to play a round or two with you sometime if I ever come down your way. I would leave the gun at home of course. jk.
              As long as the gun is really at home, any time.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

As long as the gun is really at home, any time.
                Of course, I would never want to put someone in a situation where they feel uncomfortable, I understand the hesitation to be around someone who is carrying a gun, besides I can't take it to Oregon anyway, that's illegal. Not that I need to, it's not Seatac! 99% of the time playing disc golf it is left at home.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Heh... we have courses here that make SeaTac look like Augusta. Rockwood comes to mind.
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Heh... we have courses here that make SeaTac look like Augusta. Rockwood comes to mind.
                    Its ok Sam I will protect you!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

No thanks. I saw a guy bring a knife to a knife fight at Rockwood and he was chased away by a short guy holding nothing but a Pro-Line Monster. I have one of those so I am protected, already.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

No thanks. I saw a guy bring a knife to a knife fight at Rockwood and he was chased away by a short guy holding nothing but a Pro-Line Monster. I have one of those so I am protected, already.
                        I would have brought out my Boss, no one messes with the Boss (not just Springsteen either)

I would probably get some Champ plastic out, even a knife doesn't penetrate that stuff!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

It is NOT that bad that you need a gun to protect yourself out at Seatac.

Real Danger vs. Perceived Threat...

Was your life really in jeopardy, silly, when you approached the homeless guy sitting by a campfire on the green? This just in... homeless people don't carry guns.

Carry your gun if you want to, but don't try to tell me that it's dangerous out there--
                          PUHH-LEAZE... the only thing that is going to cut you is the blackberry bushes, when you're looking for that forth shot of yours...
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                            It is NOT that bad that you need a gun to protect yourself out at Seatac.

Real Danger vs. Perceived Threat...

Was your life really in jeopardy, silly, when you approached the homeless guy sitting by a campfire on the green? This just in... homeless people don't carry guns.

Carry your gun if you want to, but don't try to tell me that it's dangerous out there--
                            PUHH-LEAZE... the only thing that is going to cut you is the blackberry bushes, when you're looking for that forth shot of yours...
                            That's not the point Toby, the point is you never know when you are going to need it, they just as easily could have had a knife or a gun on them and this poor fellow who had his discs stolen could have been in much worse trouble then replacing a few stolen discs. I have no idea if homeless people have guns or not and niether do you because when I walk into a grocery store with a gun on no one knows that I have a gun either. I'm not saying everyone who plays Seatac needs to bring a gun, there are other ways of making yourself less of a target like playing in groups and having cellphones with you which Brent did not have. I am not willing to run the risk of losing my life when I can prevent an attack when it occurs.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

You're an idiot.

I can see the defense trial play out now.

[Judge]
                              "So you shot a minor ? " (which those minbike riders are.)
                              [You]
                              "Yes your honor"
                              [Judge]
                              "Because you felt your life was threatened ?"
                              [You]
                              "Yes your honor, he touched my Roc."

Please leave the gangster gat at home before you hurt someone, like one of us. If you need somewhere to blast away at targets, I can get you into the police range in Tukwilla, maybe 10 minutes from the course.

Comment

Ok Ok already This thread is about SeaTac not about the social issue of gun control.

Lets face it the hoodlums wanted what was in the Bag not to hurt the player just steal his stuff. (wink wink nudge nudge say no more). Yes they sized him up. I just thank god they did not get the a fore mentioned gun

In a previous post about the player at Lakewood/hoodlums, you have a good point we should try and get them interested in our sport. it might be to late for the current crop but the 3rd -5th graders are still uncommitted. So try volunteering at your local grade school, Boys and Girls clubs (sorry sam but) scouts with a DG Demonstration/Clinic. I personally would like this thread to be moved to the Contr. thread so the civil right discussion can continue.

Personally You all know how much time I spend at the Tac and I have never ever once felt at risk there. Most all of us have cells and I am pretty sure 911 calls don't count against your minutes.

Sam anytime at the Tac, You and me Mono o mono Yes I am spotting you almost 100 ratings points but

Tim we need a neutral third party, interested?
                                Last edited by LJ Jubner; August 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM. Reason: additional text
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X