X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter news June 10, 2009

Dexter will have baskets until the state let's us pull them. We as a club are not allowed to pull the baskets without the state's permission. Please attend the work parties during the next weeks so we can protect our Jem of the southern Willammette valley. We need to get heavy on those who damage plant life on the course. I personally have seen many people step on ferns without a thought for the greenery. It is time to act as stewards and call people on their carelessness.

Originally posted by hyzerbomb View Post
    Dexter will have baskets until the state let's us pull them. We as a club are not allowed to pull the baskets without the state's permission. Please attend the work parties during the next weeks so we can protect our Jem of the southern Willammette valley. We need to get heavy on those who damage plant life on the course. I personally have seen many people step on ferns without a thought for the greenery. It is time to act as stewards and call people on their carelessness.
    Thank you to the following people who contributed to a kick ass work party at Dexter today:

Rebecca Duffy
    Gene Fackler
    Jim Johnson
    Jesse Grasseth
    David Errington
    Ben VanDusen
    Ben's wife Sarah (who doesn't even play disc golf, I think)
    Marx Ramirez
    Marx's friend and Marx's daughter (sorry I didn't catch the names)
    Kevin Maloney
    Jory
    Kevin and Jory's friend whose name I also didn't catch
    Jason Turner
    Mark Scheid
    Zach
    Tom Chrestman and his weed whacker
    At least one other guy whose name I don't know

Sorry if I forgot someone, I am going from memory. We got all the scotch broom along 18's fairway removed, half of the broom along the road to 15 removed. A great gravel walkway from 15's tee, gravel on 6's walkway, mulch around several pins, and some more gravel and mulch work that I did not see. Probably some more stuff too. Tom weed whacked his way around the whole course. Great job everyone!

Next work party Monday June 15th. We did get final permission from the State Parks dept. to pull the baskets, and they support the idea. However, it appears the baskets will be staying in. There was some miscommunication and some wild speculation involved in this whole thing, and hopefully we can accomplish good things without the more drastic steps. Everything's cool, Dexter is getting some attention, and the State parks boss is very impressed and very happy with the time and materials the EDGC is bringing to the park.

See all you Dexter regulars Monday June 15th, and Thursday June 18th at 4 pm for the next two work parties.
    Last edited by Matt B.; June 11th, 2009, 08:41 PM. Reason: forgot someone

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
      Thank you to the following people who contributed to a kick ass work party at Dexter today:

Rebecca Duffy
      Gene Fackler
      Jim Johnson
      Jesse Grasseth
      David Errington
      Ben VanDusen
      Ben's wife Sarah (who doesn't even play disc golf, I think)
      Marx Ramirez
      Marx's friend and Marx's daughter (sorry I didn't catch the names)
      Kevin Maloney
      Jory
      Kevin and Jory's friend whose name I also didn't catch
      Jason Turner
      Mark Scheid
      Zach
      Tom Chrestman and his weed whacker
      At least one other guy whose name I don't know

Sorry if I forgot someone, I am going from memory. We got all the scotch broom along 18's fairway removed, half of the broom along the road to 15 removed. A great gravel walkway from 15's tee, gravel on 6's walkway, mulch around several pins, and some more gravel and mulch work that I did not see. Probably some more stuff too. Tom weed whacked his way around the whole course. Great job everyone!

Next work party Monday June 15th. We did get final permission from the State Parks dept. to pull the baskets, and they support the idea. However, it appears the baskets will be staying in. There was some miscommunication and some wild speculation involved in this whole thing, and hopefully we can accomplish good things without the more drastic steps. Everything's cool, Dexter is getting some attention, and the State parks boss is very impressed and very happy with the time and materials the EDGC is bringing to the park.

See all you Dexter regulars Monday June 15th, and Thursday June 18th at 4 pm for the next two work parties.
      is there a phone # you guys can be reached at? i know some people in the eugene news that may want to run a story on your plight down there.

Comment

Originally posted by rob smith View Post
        is there a phone # you guys can be reached at? i know some people in the eugene news that may want to run a story on your plight down there.
        I got this one covered guys. I'm going to PM him Rebecca's #.

-Ben

Comment

AS always these type of efforts go along way in showing just how supportive DG can and should be. Keep up the good work. jub
          rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X