X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicest course in OR?

Question to those who have played most of the courses in Oregon.... Which is the 'Nicest' Course as far as scenery/baskets/tee's go? Not so much interested in what is the hardest, most challenging or anything along those lines. From the reviews I found that Whistler in Roseburg looks to be really nice, suggestions?

Originally posted by RallySoob View Post
    Question to those who have played most of the courses in Oregon.... Which is the 'Nicest' Course as far as scenery/baskets/tee's go? Not so much interested in what is the hardest, most challenging or anything along those lines. From the reviews I found that Whistler in Roseburg looks to be really nice, suggestions?
    Consensus generally seems to be Whistler's Bend, but you will get several other courses with multiple proponents.

Comment

Originally posted by RallySoob View Post
      Best Golf and Good Destination: Milo McIver
      Best Destination and Good Golf: Whistler's Bend
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Willamette Pass is a really unique and fun set up.

Comment

if there could only be one it would be atop the bend

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Best Golf and Good Destination: Milo McIver
            Best Destination and Good Golf: Whistler's Bend
            great answer right there... Whistlers is my home course, and i too would agree that Milo has the best "GOLF" out there.

ASIDE from my opinion on this... we are in the process of getting several projects approved by the county and hope to making some much needed upgrades to Whistlers Bend in the near future.
            http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

I vote for Whistler's Bend, no question. McIver's scenery doesn't come close.

Hagg Lake has beautiful scenery, but the course itself is anything but "nice."
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

cool thanks for the input. We're headed to Whistlers Bend this weekend. I Plan on hitting up a course in corvallis and Eugene on the way or way back too.

Comment

Just a heads up - there is a rather large doubles tourney going on at Whistler's this weekend. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                    Just a heads up - there is a rather large doubles tourney going on at Whistler's this weekend. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday...
                    And by rather large she means several hundred people!

Comment

damn... well theres always next weekend I guess. Maybe I'll check out Milo McIver this weekend instead then. thanks for the heads up

Comment

Trojan is also very nice. Good baskets and pads, well maintained, and surprisingly beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                          Trojan is also very nice. Good baskets and pads, well maintained, and surprisingly beautiful.
                          But also full of goose poop and 3-inch-deep mud.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Also, is it skeeter season yet? I remember we went to play there around this time last year, and cut our round short they were so intense. It IS a sweet course though, when conditions cooperate, and not too far from one of the best courses in WA.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Trojan was really great last weekend. It has dried out really well (we did skip 9-12, not enough time) and the skeeters were not bad. The only time I got bit was when we were searching in the bushes, I did not see any out on the fairways.

There is also not much that can compare to the Lucky Mud for beauty, it is under an hour away from Trojan.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X