X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
    I am not a spokesman at all for the EDGC. It is in another post that the course has been pulled indefinitely. The baskets werent stolen. If they were pulled out, its because of the course being pulled, and the work parties coming up that will make it even better

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1525
    Oh fer fucks sake!

Comment

You know whats really cool???

Having three pages of debates on which Oregon course is the most awesome, and having a bunch of courses legitimately in the hunt.

We are so very fortunate.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        So maybe you guys know something about this...I heard that somebody stole all the baskets at Dexter? And they think it might have been ball golfers from Oakway?

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm pretty busy for the next couple months so a road trip wouldn't be happening for a little while. Willamette and Adair were on my list, and I was curious about Bryant, Waterloo, and Tadmor. Don't know much about them other than I know Tadmor is at a church camp and the other two apparently are rough around the edges. Would any rate higher than Willamette or Adair?

And Snap, or anyone else I guess, have you been to the Mt. Shasta course? The 4 9's layout sounds intriguing (it's what I've envisioned for my "won the lottery" dream course. )
        Adam is the only person I know that has even visited the Mt. Shasta course, it is on my list of things to do for this summer and y'all know i'm gonna video tape it for ya... As for the valley, Adair is the farthest drive other than Tadmor from I-5 but Adair is the best of the selection in the Valley. I am hoping that the Jerry Miller Course @ Camp Taloali will become a factor once it gets opened and upgraded through time. The temp lay out for the 2nd course will be awesome, just wish the board would have let us build the first course there instead, but i can cry forever until they let us build a perm 2nd course if they like the temp lay out for the trial run in May... Tadmor is probably not usable during the summer months, same for Camp Taloali. It is a clean tough technical course for sure, but summer time, both courses off limits. And i must add now, the board wants Camp Taloali course to be pay to play since they are needing more money to help improve the camp grounds for the kids more than ever... With the help of one of the members on this forum, we will have a nice drop box made for us, once i get that, i'll announce a big thanks, and y'all can kiss him, till then, zipp shhh...

Ok back to what Tim was asking, yes make Adair your top priority for the valley area, Bryant is awesome if the woods are cleaned up, and for the Salem area, cascades is alright, with the added changes that the club is doing over the next few months, it should be even better, and it being less than 5 minutes off the freeway *if you could drive straight off the freeway, you prob land right into the park instead of driving around front*. Woodmansee in south salem is a tough technical 9 holer last time I played there, and it's family friendly, leave the wife and kids at the playground, play holes 1-6, drop in say hi to the wife and kids, show the family the rabbits that crawl all over hole 7 fairway, then play 8-9 and back to the parking lot.

Comment

Don't know much about them other than I know Tadmor is at a church camp...
          I personally think Tadmor is the most fun course in the entire Albany/Corvallis/Lebanon area, but that's because I love playing in the woods. I suppose it depends on what you look for in a disc golf course. Their regular summer sessions go from June 28 to August 21 this year; you absolutely will NOT be able to play during those times. After 8/21, you'd still need to call ahead and see if they've got anything else going on.

And Snap, or anyone else I guess, have you been to the Mt. Shasta course? The 4 9's layout sounds intriguing (it's what I've envisioned for my "won the lottery" dream course. )
          I've been there but haven't played it. It's mostly flat, with lots of trees but genuine fairways for the most part. I took some photos in the rain and the snow and posted them on DGCR: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/galler...=3221&mode=gal
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X