X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Adair, Dexter, Waterloo, Bryant, Willamette.... all are worth the trip.
    Just be aware that Waterloo's still a bit rough, and the wooded half of Bryant is EXTREMELY rough. The others are well-established.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

And didn't Dexter get pulled?

btw - thanks for the mid-valley shout out Sam

We have, as of this weekend, played Bryant and Waterloo, so now we have all of our 4 local courses knocked out. And Adam's right, Bryant and Waterloo are pretty rough right now, in the heart of the growing season!

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
        Supposedly, it's temporary. It might well be back in by the time Tim gets his road trip organized.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

btw - thanks for the mid-valley shout out Sam

We have, as of this weekend, played Bryant and Waterloo, so now we have all of our 4 local courses knocked out. And Adam's right, Bryant and Waterloo are pretty rough right now, in the heart of the growing season!

Not responding to you specifically Sarah, but in the interest of good information....The disc golf scene rumor mill is swift and wildly inaccurate! At the BSF I had a guy in my group tell me that Oakway got pulled because some disc golfers "attacked some ball golfers"!!!

Dexter baskets will be temporarily removed this Thursday, followed by three work parties, followed by hopefully the baskets going back in. See threads here:
          http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1525 (read all the way to the end for actual details)

And here:
          http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1599 for work party information

Comment

Are you saying Whistlers is second to none in Oregon or in the World, because the scenery at the Japan Open is pretty freaking amazing!
            I've never been to Japan, but thanks for asking. I'm sure it was great. Have you posted pictures anywhere?

Comment

Northern Oregon near I-5 would be Pier. Estacada is like 45-60 minutes from I-5, but less from I-205.
              In the Valley, salem has 3 courses, soon to be 5, but the existing 3 are pretty good for the valley but nothing awesome for the traveler.
              Albany-Corvallis have Adair, Willamette, Bryant, Waterloo, and Tadmor
              Eugene has dexter but that's being pulled for a short time I hope.
              Roseburg got Whistler's, which is way closer to I-5 than Milo is heh.
              Grants Pass got Tom Pearce and Lake Selmac....

And comparing whistler's to Milo is comparing apples and oranges. Play both, love both, advertise both to the world, love one no less than the other.

As far as the Japan open goes, there are plenty out there for pictures and video, beautiful place but throwing less than 152g plastic in windy conditions would frustrate the heck out of me... hmmm maybe i should go in 2010? if they let me in...

Comment

Best in the West

Originally posted by RallySoob View Post
                Question to those who have played most of the courses in Oregon.... Which is the 'Nicest' Course as far as scenery/baskets/tee's go? Not so much interested in what is the hardest, most challenging or anything along those lines. From the reviews I found that Whistler in Roseburg looks to be really nice, suggestions?
                I suggest you go to Whistlers and see for yourself why it's reviews appear to attract you.
                Believe me brother you will not regret it.
                Heck, holes 7, 9 and 14 are worth the trip all by themselves.

:whistler's rocs
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                  Not responding to you specifically Sarah, but in the interest of good information....The disc golf scene rumor mill is swift and wildly inaccurate! At the BSF I had a guy in my group tell me that Oakway got pulled because some disc golfers "attacked some ball golfers"!!!

Dexter baskets will be temporarily removed this Thursday, followed by three work parties, followed by hopefully the baskets going back in. See threads here:
                  http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1525 (read all the way to the end for actual details)

And here:
                  http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1599 for work party information

Uh, yeah sorry. I knew all of that, but I thought that Tim was going in the very near future, and I didn't think I needed to explain the entire thing, since it's already on this board. But I didn't mean to sound like I was spreading rumors, honestly!

Sorry!

Comment

Uh, yeah sorry. I knew all of that, but I thought that Tim was going in the very near future, and I didn't think I needed to explain the entire thing, since it's already on this board. But I didn't mean to sound like I was spreading rumors, honestly!

Sorry!

I know you weren't spreading rumors! That's what I meant by "I'm not responding to you specifically"....there's just been a lot of over-reaction to the Dexter thing, based on some bad communication, and I'm just trying to get the right info out there.

No guarantees, but it seems possible that the Dexter baskets will only be out for eight days or so.

Comment

Tim, if you go to 's, try and get Yose to join you for a round. I had a blast throwing with him there. He can give you the history of the course, and tons of other cool information. Totally worth the effort!

Oh, and stop by the Mud on your way there or back. Just let me know ahead of time.
                      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

So maybe you guys know something about this...I heard that somebody stole all the baskets at Dexter? And they think it might have been ball golfers from Oakway?

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm pretty busy for the next couple months so a road trip wouldn't be happening for a little while. Willamette and Adair were on my list, and I was curious about Bryant, Waterloo, and Tadmor. Don't know much about them other than I know Tadmor is at a church camp and the other two apparently are rough around the edges. Would any rate higher than Willamette or Adair?

And Snap, or anyone else I guess, have you been to the Mt. Shasta course? The 4 9's layout sounds intriguing (it's what I've envisioned for my "won the lottery" dream course. )
                        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                          So maybe you guys know something about this...I heard that somebody stole all the baskets at Dexter? And they think it might have been ball golfers from Oakway?
                          I am not a spokesman at all for the EDGC. It is in another post that the course has been pulled indefinitely. The baskets werent stolen. If they were pulled out, its because of the course being pulled, and the work parties coming up that will make it even better

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1525
                          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I was curious about Bryant, Waterloo, and Tadmor. Don't know much about them other than I know Tadmor is at a church camp and the other two apparently are rough around the edges. Would any rate higher than Willamette or Adair?
                            No. Willamette and Adair are the cream of the mid-valley crop (between the Portland area and Eugene). I would not recommend a special trip to the others if you have limited time. Especially if you haven't played Willamette or Adair. Cascades in Salem is worth a stop just based on its proximity to the I-5 exit; the park actually abuts the freeway.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                              I am not a spokesman at all for the EDGC. It is in another post that the course has been pulled indefinitely. The baskets werent stolen. If they were pulled out, its because of the course being pulled, and the work parties coming up that will make it even better

http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1525
                              audible sigh...
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                                audible sigh...
                                Nice Will!
                                Current World Rank: 2857th
                                Lowest Rated Round: 777
                                Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                                Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                                Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                                Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                                Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                                Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X