X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
    There is also not much that can compare to the Lucky Mud for beauty, it is under an hour away from Trojan.
    You are obviously referring to the course keeper, Ol' Bob.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

The views at Sorosis are pretty nice too....

Comment

Doesn't Benson look right at Multnomah falls? That's the best scenery, and by far the worst course! Rooster rock has naked people with in walking distance. Depending who's out, there might be some great scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainBanger View Post
          Doesn't Benson look right at Multnomah falls? That's the best scenery, and by far the worst course! Rooster rock has naked people with in walking distance. Depending who's out, there might be some great scenery.
          It's just west of M. Falls. I don't think you can see them, but there is another falls that you can see. Very beautiful.

Not the worst course. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you want a Milo experience then yeah, you'll be disappointed. If you are taking a new player with you, want a quick stop off the freeway (takes 10-15 minutes to play 9), or want to work on your approach game with your putter then it is a good course.

Don't hate something for what it is not; love it for what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Not the worst course. It all depends on what you're looking for. If you want a Milo experience then yeah, you'll be disappointed. If you are taking a new player with you, want a quick stop off the freeway (takes 10-15 minutes to play 9), or want to work on your approach game with your putter then it is a good course.

Don't hate something for what it is not; love it for what it is!
            That isn't hating. Benson is one of the worst courses around if you are at all serious about playing disc golf. There is not much to love about that course.
            Current World Rank: 2857th
            Lowest Rated Round: 777
            Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
            Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
            Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
            Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
            Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
            Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              I vote for Whistler's Bend, no question. McIver's scenery doesn't come close.

so you think that brown hills with oak tree's with a sprinkling of pines covered with a ton of poison oak is a better looking place??

and do not get me wrong here i luv the shyt out of 's it is for sure in my Personal Top 5 overall courses.

I'm just saying 's VS Milo for scenery?? Milo hands down
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I think Benson's fine for a quick stop on the way to somewhere else. But it's still probably the worst course in Oregon.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                  so you think that brown hills with oak tree's with a sprinkling of pines covered with a ton of poison oak is a better looking place??
                  Yes.

McIver doesn't have anything like that.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

McIver = Verdant, Pastoral, Serene

Whistlers = Dramatic, Inspiring, Resplendent

Both are amazing courses and amazing venues, but Whistlers setting is second to none!

Comment

Yes.

Yeah Milo has something more like this, I will take the evergreens over the brown oak any day!
                      Milo Preview 1
                      Milo Preview 2

Originally posted by thadeouspage View Post
                      McIver = Verdant, Pastoral, Serene

Whistlers = Dramatic, Inspiring, Resplendent

Both are amazing courses and amazing venues, but Whistlers setting is second to none!
                      Are you saying Whistlers is second to none in Oregon or in the World, because the scenery at the Japan Open is pretty freaking amazing!
                      PDGA #25296
                      Stumptown #34

Comment

Yes.

ok maybe half the year you get shots like that and as high as the Umpqua is in that pic. and as green, i would say thats from around Feb./March.

but more power to you.

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I think this is like Ford vs. Chevy, Roc vs. Buzzz, etc... there's no right answer. I'll always prefer mountainous scenery over flat woods, even if those mountains are brown.

(And yes, that WB picture is from mid-March.)
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Hmm, sounds like this could use an outsider's perspective. I think a road trip is in order at some point. So Milo and Whistler's are obviously "must plays". What other courses, preferably near I-5 would you say are "must plays?" I have a few in mind, but I'd like to hear what the OR perspectives are.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                              Hmm, sounds like this could use an outsider's perspective. I think a road trip is in order at some point. So Milo and Whistler's are obviously "must plays". What other courses, preferably near I-5 would you say are "must plays?"
                              Adair & Dexter. And Tadmor, if it's open.

And if you're in Estacada anyway (because of McIver), be sure to visit Timber.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Adair, Dexter, Waterloo, Bryant, Willamette.... all are worth the trip.
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X