Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Disc Golfer dies of exhaustion

Catchy title eh?

There is so much going on this weekend I am happily exhausted already just thinking about it. there is Milo Dubs, Whistler Dubs, Pier Bagtag, Stubb Work Party, Trojan Bag tag match and I am sure several other things I missed. WOW! that is alot of golf.

Shameless plug here.... Pier bagtag match was scheduled by Stumptown for Saturday so that players could get their disc on and go to the Stub Stewart work party on Sunday. If you have never been to Stub, I encourage you to come out on Sunday and check it out. totally sick! lots of elevation and foresty goodness. Who knows Flash might even let us throw a few and give input on the course design. Not that any of us have opinions or anything.

What a great weekend. Go play some disc on Saturday and then give a little back on Sunday.
    Training to be a bagger

Wow, I did not even have the Bag Tag nor the Work Party on the calendar! (I added them.) I went to add Milo Doubles, but I see that as happening every OTHER weekend, not falling on this weekend. Can someone please confirm this?

HINT: If you are holding a DG event, SUBMIT IT FORMALLY to the calendar webmaster by using the SUBMIT EVENT link at the bottom of the calendar. Only then can you be assured that your event will be properly listed. Thanks!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Who is running the bag tag challenge? I don't remember committing to running one on the 6th. I hope I didn't agree to run it.
      Current World Rank: 2857th
      Lowest Rated Round: 777
      Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
      Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
      Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
      Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
      Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
      Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        Wow, I did not even have the Bag Tag nor the Work Party on the calendar! (I added them.) I went to add Milo Doubles, but I see that as happening every OTHER weekend, not falling on this weekend. Can someone please confirm this?

HINT: If you are holding a DG event, SUBMIT IT FORMALLY to the calendar webmaster by using the SUBMIT EVENT link at the bottom of the calendar. Only then can you be assured that your event will be properly listed. Thanks!
        Consider it confirmed, per Jeff H.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
          Catchy title eh?
          I almost had a heart attack when I read that title. Next time, pick something equally catchy but less prone to cause alarm like...

...if you like boobs, click here

...disc golf on the moon?!?

...Obama to pass legislature for mandatory "boy band" euthanasia

etc.
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
            I almost had a heart attack when I read that title. Next time, pick something equally catchy but less prone to cause alarm like...

...if you like boobs, click here

...disc golf on the moon?!?

...Obama to pass legislature for mandatory "boy band" euthanasia

etc.
            Sorry about that. It is a hangover from my days writing titles for the National Inquirer.
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
              Who is running the bag tag challenge? I don't remember committing to running one on the 6th. I hope I didn't agree to run it.
              It is listed on the Disc Golf Scene site for 6/6 at 10 am under the Stumptown Bag Tag page. Is there not a Pier tag match this weekend?
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Sorry about that. It is a hangover from my days writing titles for the National Inquirer.
                So, are you still in the CIA?
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                  Consider it confirmed, per Jeff H.
                  Hold on now... there was talk about a Pier Bag Tag, but I'm not the one running it. But thats the good thing about bag tags... no one needs to run it

Since I'm going to Stub Stewart on Sunday, I most likely will be out at Milo on Saturday. Pier Park is simply way too overcrowded with casual herds for my liking.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                    So, are you still in the CIA?
                    Can't tell you that Bob! Classified!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                      Hold on now... there was talk about a Pier Bag Tag, but I'm not the one running it. But thats the good thing about bag tags... no one needs to run it

Since I'm going to Stub Stewart on Sunday, I most likely will be out at Milo on Saturday. Pier Park is simply way too overcrowded with casual herds for my liking.
                      Two things going on here:

1) There is a Pier Bagtag scheduled at 10 am this Saturday according to Disc Golf Scene. Is this true? who posted it? it was one of three people.

2) There is a post on NW Disc Golf News that Milo Doubles is this weekend at 10 am. Is this true?

just trying to get the facts
                      Training to be a bagger

Comment

Two things going on here:

1) There is a Pier Bagtag scheduled at 10 am this Saturday according to Disc Golf Scene. Is this true? who posted it? it was one of three people.
                        Steve posted it.
                        Current World Rank: 2857th
                        Lowest Rated Round: 777
                        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

I was only trying to rectify the confusion about Milo dubs being every other weekend. Not happening this weekend (June 6th), but occurring the following weekend (June 13th). Tea bags are a whole different issue.
                          Last edited by all2common; June 4th, 2009, 03:51 PM. Reason: clarification and all that jazz...arnez.
                          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X