X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagg

Well my husband and I tried to play Hagg on Saturday, but the field holes are pretty much unplayable. The grass was taller than me in some spots. We had our two Labs with us, and they had a great time running in the tall grass. It reminded me of that scene from Jurassic Park 3 when the Velosoraptors were closing in on the people in the field of tall grass. All you could see was the movement of the grass moving toward you. Kinda creeped me out a bit. Even spotting for each other we spent more time looking for our disc's than we did playing. I am surprised we didn't loose anything. We gave us at hole eight, which was a shame because I was looking forward to seeing the penny tree. Anyway I am really glad we were not there just to play golf we spent the night with other volunteers for an open water swim that took place the next morning. Really disappointing though because it could be a really great course such a waste.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Too bad nobody warned you - Hagg is a late fall through early spring course.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Too bad nobody warned you - Hagg is a late fall through early spring course.

That seems like kind of a waste to put all that money into a course for such a short season. Too bad they can't just mow it once in awhile, or maybe they can't get a mower down there. I am not familiar at all with the course, so I don't know.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

I think it's too bad you stopped after #8, because #9 through #15 (the woods holes) are very different.

On the other hand, the underbrush in the forest is probably awful at this time of year, so...
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

i don't think it's about mowing as it is about bailing the grass for money
          and the other holes weren't that bad the last time i was there
          we played in the woods but didn't add to the penny tree for the sake of notr having a penny

Comment

The forest is probably the only playable section right now. The undergrowth is stunted due to a lack of regular sunlight.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X