X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most memorable BSF 2009 moments

I thought it would be cool to hear some of the most memorable moment of this years Fling, good or bad.

One of my most memorable moments was when I was spotting hole 8W. Jeff Elliott had just OB'd, and was set up for a long putt for bogey. Jesse, his son was waiting to tee off at hole 6W. Jeff sunk the putt and Jesse came racing over to give his dad a big high 5. It was very cool.

It has been fun seeing these young guns (Spencer Stuart, Jesse Elliot, Dylan Holland, and of course, Chanman, too name a few) grow up and become good disc golfers and level headed well mannered young men. The future for disc golf looks bright.

Chris

Originally posted by tikidiscer View Post
    I thought it would be cool to hear some of the most memorable moment of this years Fling, good or bad.

One of my most memorable moments was when I was spotting hole 8W. Jeff Elliott had just OB'd, and was set up for a long putt for bogey. Jesse, his son was waiting to tee off at hole 6W. Jeff sunk the putt and Jesse came racing over to give his dad a big high 5. It was very cool.

It has been fun seeing these young guns (Spencer Stuart, Jesse Elliot, Dylan Holland, and of course, Chanman, too name a few) grow up and become good disc golfers and level headed well mannered young men. The future for disc golf looks bright.

Chris
    There's already a pretty good thread on this topic here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      There's already a pretty good thread on this topic here.
      Thats more of a kudos to the TD thread, I wanted to start a more personal experience thread.

Comment

Getting to live score the lead Women's card, great women, great round!
        educate your thinking

Comment

Getting to play for the first time in an advanced masters division with some really cool masters chicks I love all my younger disc golfing gals, but it was cool to be able to play in a tournament with gals my own age for a change. We had so much fun, and maybe just a bit too much fun because we were a little slow and they had to split us up into groups of two halfway into the 2nd & 3rd rounds. I felt like I really bonded with all those gals this weekend, and I can't wait until we get to play together agian.

The other really great memory is my friend Nichola coming back in the last round to take 2nd in FM1 by one stoke. She had made a scoring error in the 2nd round that cost her a stroke, and she was really bummed. That was so awesome that she was able to overcome that to take that 2nd place trophy.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Enough cannot be said about the great job the TDs and staff did to make this event world class and an amazing weekend. Everyone worked their asses off to get this going and pull it off flawlessly (at least from a player’s point of view). I am still reeling from all of the excitement of the weekend.

Here are my moments that will not fade:

-Watching Climo during round one on Friday and having him just sit his chair down right next to us and start chatting away about different lines and looks. He is a class act.
            -Following the lead card on Sunday. I am still trying to figure out what game they play. It most definitely was not the same one I was playing.
            -Being one of about 5 people that got to watch holes 3W, 4W and the drives on 5W.
            -Being beat in round 2 by 11 year old Spencer Stuart. Watch out for this kid in the future. I just wish I had the energy he has.
            -Spotting on 14W in the afternoon round on Friday watching the drives get closer and closer as the groups played through. Nikko and The Kid almost acing the hole was unreal.
            -A huge deposit was made into Jeff Elliot’s karma bank when he lent me his bag for the weekend. My little starter bag just would not have done it for me. I shed a little tear when I returned it with many thanks to Jeff.
            -Winning a $50 gift certificate to Mandos in the raffle. That was a well spent $5 for tickets. I wound up getting my own Innova Competition bag.
            -The players packs were amazing, along with all the other swag that was thrown around. I tried to don the Keen gear for my second round as my sponsor, but it really did nothing for my game.
            -All the new friends I made over the weekend, and all the time spent with old friends.
            -The Gibsons
            -Sitting and chatting with Jman after everything began winding down on Sunday.
            -I may have come in DFL (not too proud to say that) in MA2, but improved each round I threw and 2 of the 3 rounds were better then my current rating. However, with all the stuff and memories that I took away from this, my first ever BSF and big tournament in OR, made me feel like I did cash.

Thanks again to everyone that had a part in this event one way or another.
            Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
            PDGA #37890
            Stumptown #157
            ODW TDG 10-11
            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
              -Being one of about 5 people that got to watch holes 3W, 4W and the drives on 5W.
              That was pretty sweet. I knew that if we walked up the back path and got up there before the players did that we wouldn't be thrown off of the hill if we remained quiet and respectful. Avery probably wasn't pleased to have us see his hole 3W. Rico's forehand roller through the right gap on the same hole was amazing to see but not as amazing as the putt he hit to save par on the hole. Kenny's save for par on 4W was a thing of beauty. And then hearing the crowd roar for the rollers on 5W thrown by Rico and Kenny was awesome, too.

-The Gibsons
              Always a pleasure to hang out with you, Dave. We did a lot of it this weekend and I would be remiss to not mention the good times we had.

-I may have come in DFL (not too proud to say that) in MA2, but improved each round I threw and 2 of the 3 rounds were better then my current rating.
              Dave, your game is coming along nicely and you should be proud of your performance this weekend in your first Intermediate tournament. It's all looking up for you from here on out.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

who's Kenny didn't see that name ,unless you meant ken, and if that's so then i'm jealous that I was only calling him Ken and not friendly enough to call him kenny it was all awsome

Comment

My best moment was making comeback to take 2nd place by 1 to due my error in score which put me 3 behind 2nd. The 3rd round was my best. Of course, those ladies in FMI are awesome as well.

Also, I got chance to watch Top 4 ladies teed off at East 1, and waited until they walked to East 4. Later, I went down to West 1/18 area along with the view of East 17 fairway where I saw all Pro men and ladies played thru. I am so glad that I got the experience seeing Pro players, and to get to play in BSF. I will cherish those moments!
                  PDGA 38506
                  ODDGA 27
                  DDGA 176
                  2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                    who's Kenny didn't see that name ,unless you meant ken, and if that's so then i'm jealous that I was only calling him Ken and not friendly enough to call him kenny it was all awsome
                    Kenny would be Ken Climo, yes. I figured with the way he was eyeing my wife that I could use familiar terms with him.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Memories of the BSF? Wow, I've got sooooooooooooo many! But for me I had one moment that is in my mind forever. It was my responsibility to coordinate the Free Clinic and raffle after the final round. Part of the deal was that the Pro's do a clinic and Stumptown/BSF provide dinner in some manner after the clinic on Thursday. We decided to take the clinic staff to Carver Hanger. After the clinic we were all scrambling to get away from Tournament Central, I talked to Jeff Mittle and Pat Darr and said, "Ok, we're heading out". They had a couple of things to do and said they would be there as soon as they were done. Unfortunately they never made it!

I sat there, the only staff member, having dinner and chatting. I looked down the table, leaned over to Des Reading and told her, "you realize, I've been in the sport only two years, and here I am sitting with, Jay and Des Reading, Liz Lopez, Eric McCabe, Dave and Val Jenkins, Dave Feldberg, Melody King and Ken Climo? This is just too sureal!" Des just smiled and said you earned it. The other big moment from dinner was Ken Climo yelling from the far end of the table and saying, "hey Bob? Can you believe last weekend......". He was talking to me! Me? Yep, it WAS me, and I was sitting there smiling like a kid in a candy store.

This old guy will take this memory to his grave.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Kenny would be Ken Climo, yes. I figured with the way he was eyeing my wife that I could use familiar terms with him.
                        Is that why you call me Bobby?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Hahaha, I didn't want to say anything about that, but I saw it too. At one point, I saw Climo looking in my direction, thought he might have wanted to say something to me, and then realized Jamie was standing behind me.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Was Kenny sporting his usual orange parka?
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                              Is that why you call me Bobby?
                              Indeed it is, Bobby. Indeed it is.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X