X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob DGer(s)

Well, my son and I played our second round of disc golf ever this weekend. Mineral Springs/North Park last weekend and Lakewood this weekend. We've both played a little ball-golf, but I don't have the deep pockets to play it much. Disc golf is so much more interesting, and affordable, we've found out

One thing I've been impressed with so far is the helpful players we've encountered. At North Park we were helped a good eight times or so finding tees and holes. What a maze! We had a good time though and surprisingly walked away with our disks.

Lakewood was a lot of fun. Not as crowded as I had feared. We parked in the west (lower) lot not knowing there was another lot that was situated at the first hole We played off a map from the web, only later to get confused from what we later learned was an out-of-date map. Our confusion must have been pretty obvious. We met "Rob" at 14 and he asked if we'd like to play on as a group. He was very helpful as well as being a very inspiring player. We managed to finish 15 without dunking a disc in the pond, then finished at 18 and bid farewell to Rob and thanked him for the guidance and time. I'm sure we'll bump into him again since learning he was a local.

So we're already planning for next weekend's DG adventure, thinking about the next "magic" disc to buy and perhaps watch a tourney match or two! We'll most likely meet some of you on the courses as well and looking forward to it.

Hipa Hipa

Welcome
    educate your thinking

Comment

Welcome to the forum AND disc golf. It is certainly addicting! One of the best things about this sport is the people. If you ever get down to Oregon post it so we hook up.

Bob

Comment

yes, welcome to DG. Not all of us are perfect andwilling to lend a hand. there are still the "thugs" out there who picked up the sport. But, most disc golfers are willing to show you around and give you helpful hints
        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!

Thugs are everywhere but they're out numbered for sure!

Bob- Would love to get down to Oregon again sometime. It's been awhile since our last visit.

Comment

Welcome Tad. Northpark can be a maze for a new disc golfer, but if you play with someone who is familiar with the course it finally makes more sense. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
              Welcome Tad. Northpark can be a maze for a new disc golfer, but if you play with someone who is familiar with the course it finally makes more sense. Glad to hear you had a good time.
              I actually played a solo round at North Park while my son was at school on Friday and borrowed one of the maps posted on the bulletin board which helped a ton!! I really enjoy the challenging obstacles but I think my son is not as enthusiastic about the course.

Could sure use to be re-signed, yet I see the high potential for vandalism. I'm curious who or what organization was responsible for installing the current signs?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X