X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedy Recovery Brody Miller

Not to be outdone by his best friend Sean Phillips, apparently Brody Miller broke his leg today at the Fling. I wasnt anywhere near it, so I dont know any details. Im sure someone who knows more will chime in on this. Heal up quickly Brody!!!!!!
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

FREAKING WOW!!! Craziness. I just spoke to Brody. He's in the hospital. They just had to set his ankle and leg. There's 3 fractures in his foot and he's going into surgery tomorrow. He doesn't know much more than that.

Comment

How did it happen? any idea? First I heard it was on a drive, then I heard it was on a jump putt. one thing I did hear from some people who were there is that it sounded like a broom stick snapping in 2. Damn, thats gotta hurt!!!!!

Comment

when i saw him he was about half way up the hill/slope on 1 of 27 on the left side so i am guessing it was second shot.... maybe his third shot instead.

Best wishes to ya Brody

So who is doing the cooking now.......
        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Any news on Brody? I hope he heals as quickly as Sean!
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            How did it happen? any idea? First I heard it was on a drive, then I heard it was on a jump putt. one thing I did hear from some people who were there is that it sounded like a broom stick snapping in 2. Damn, thats gotta hurt!!!!!
            I can personally say that is exactly what it sounds like because when my friend Marcella broke her ankle in two places at Pier this March that is what it sounded like. That is a sound that you never forget.

I hope Brody heals up quick.

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Wow - this must be more common than I thought - I had the displeasure of hearing my friend break his leg when we were throwing some practice drives and I thought he'd tripped over a stick and fell.

Couldn't fathom someone actually breaking their leg throwing a disc, but he had...I thought he was rolling on the ground clowning around as I threw another drive.

Then I realized that he was in serious pain...time to run for a car to drive to the hospital...

Really sorry to hear it happened to Brody!

Comment

Here is Brody on his way to the ambulance giving the "hang loose" signal, it looks like. The Morphine they gave him must have kicked in!!! Thanks Jason Abell for the pic

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                  The Morphine they gave him must have kicked in!!!

I heard the call go out for them to bring the "Fentanyl" with them......

No wonder he is throwing the Hang Loose sign..
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Im sure he was in tons of pain, but I was on morphine a few years back when I blew my hand up, and its some damn good stuff, let me tell ya. I had my hand on my chest as they were stitching me up, and I was able to comment and laugh the whole time

Comment

Thanks for the firsthand info Sean... please keep the updates coming as your get the info. Best wishes to Brody and his family during this tough time.

Comment

I couldn't believe it when I heard about it, a couples hours after it happened. I was spotting on 12E when I heard the sirens taking him out. There seemed to be a lot of courtesy and they only ran the sirens when they were not passing by a hole. At first I thought it was some jokers with an air horn/siren making noise. As soon as they cleared the course you could hear them taking off though. Hopefully they mend it up better than the Dr.s in Longview...

Get well soon!
                        Last edited by jevon; May 25th, 2009, 10:33 PM.

Comment

get well Brody , you were representing Portland very well, thank's for playing Wortman,see you soon

Comment

I think he's putting up the "Rock On" hand sign, maybe not hang loose. Let's not kick the guy while he's down.

Get Well Brody!

Comment

I guess his repeat at the FernBurner may now be in doubt for this year. Sad story, though it makes me glad I don't jump putt.

I had morphine once. I could still feel the pain. I could feel it just fine. The difference was I was completely okay with it. Hmmmm, pain? Ho hum. I knew I'd never try horse. I knew I'd probably like it too much. I'm a guy who can't be trusted with chocolate.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X