X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Deaf Disc golf experience:

I just got done playing a couple rounds at Horning with Jet. she was my ride afterall. I noticed RobinHood on the tee for 1. Not the hearing one from seattle, but the deaf one from around here. I introduced myself, and he asked if I would like to stick around for a round or two. we played both courses at Hornings and despite my lack of sign , we did pretty good communicating. He even got me home. despite the fact that I am helping with the deaf tourney in a couple weeks, I now have the utmost respect for any deaf golfer out there. I see how hard it is to have a quiet round. at least most of you can communicate through sign. I had to make up my own sign today, but it worked out good
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Glad you got a chance to play with Rj! Cool! So.. what did you learn?
    Trozzle.. Thanks for taking the time to play with him. I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to see some of my other friends there whom I had expected to be there today (Nika, Hat, and a few of their friends).. At least one of them will be at Milo tomorrow.
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

I did learn alot of informal deaf disc golf type signs. RJ and I did a little writing on paper to communicate a few things, but mostly we relied on disc golf related signs that seemed to work. he got me home not noing where i lived swo i guess thats good
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Awesome! I am glad that you get to meet RJ in person. No matter what or how awkard, we can learn many different ways of communication. Hope to meet you in person at last at ODDGA or HH soon!
        PDGA 38506
        ODDGA 27
        DDGA 176
        2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X