Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take back what I said about Lake Fenwick.. I had just only been there once.. I only mentioned it because it was in a reasonable distance from SeaTac.
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

the three courses that you should play is Seatac, Steillicoom, and Lakewood. play those before any others. you deffinately dont want to miss out on stilly! it is the BEST course on the western side of washington!!! Seatac and Lakewood are both close seconds.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
        it is the BEST course on the western side of washington!!!
        Ahem...

Does this have to move to "Controversial Topics" too?
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Well, coming from a pro point of view that has seen many courses up and down the west coast and into the midwest here is what I have to say. Sea-Tac is #1. Steilly is #2. Lakewood is #3. Ive never played white river or NAD but once you play the pro 27 at steilly you will know why its such an awesome coarse. Elevation, fast greens, open bombers, short tunnels, long tunnels and dog legs. The only thing this coarse is missing imo is water!!! Sea-Tac has little elevation if any so anyone that complains about steilly having no elevation has no clue.

Comment

Ok, just to stir things up, if Steily is as great as everyone says, why has the signage and tee issue continued to persist?
            I have only played Riverside and White River so I could only compare to those two. All this advice has been great, would like to know more about NAD and the courses near that one.
            If a trip was made to Steilcoom, what would be the next closest worthy course?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              Ok, just to stir things up, if Steily is as great as everyone says, why has the signage and tee issue continued to persist?
              I have only played Riverside and White River so I could only compare to those two.
              In my humble opinion you can not compare Riverside and Steily....they are not even in the same league....Riverside is McDonalds and Steily is the finest restaurant in Seattle......Riverside is Pepsi Clear and Steily is Original Coke.....Riverside is IPA and Steily is Strawberry Boones......

Once you learn a few Steily layouts the course is a great challenge...just don't expect the beauty found at many other Northwest courses.

Oh ya, Seatac is well worth the drive!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                I have only played Riverside and White River so I could only compare to those two. All this advice has been great, would like to know more about NAD and the courses near that one.
                If a trip was made to Steilcoom, what would be the next closest worthy course?
                NAD is out on the kitsap penninsula. there are 4 courses within 35-40 minutes of each other. NAD is kinda in the middle. If you play them in order (assuming that your coming over the bridge) you could hit dalaiwood (in olalla. 20-25 minutes from the bridge) first, which is a fun technical course. The second course (van zee) is about 10 more minutes along the road in port orchard. Its a short, fun, kinda technical course. It has 10pins and two tees for each. Its a fun course but might not be worth you while if your looking for the best in the area. But another 12 minutes along the highway is NAD which is a great course with two tees and two pin positions. Then finally another 15 minutes is fairgrounds, which is a newer course but is alot of fun to play. My favorite and i consider a "cant miss" is dalaiwood but thats my home course so some people might not agree. If you come out to the penninsula your gonna have a good time.

I've heard that they're trimming back the courses at steily to just alt 27 and pro 27 but im not sure on that
                Last edited by Nathan; May 18th, 2009, 06:37 PM. Reason: wanted to write more
                A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post

Riverside is IPA and Steily is Strawberry Boones......

Oh ya, Seatac is well worth the drive!!!!

ummm if Riverside is IPA then Stilly is

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

The "problem" with Steilly is the number of courses that it has. There is at least a dozen courses laid out through the 40+ acres. The club has been working on narrowing down the number of courses and focusing on improving a few of the best. It is pretty confusing with that many tee pads and baskets, but there are signs to follow. Depending on what time your there, old man Ray sells maps from his old brown van.

Its definetely worth a trip to the West Sound to play NAD and Dailiwood. Both are well designed, heavily wooded technical courses with good elevation and contour. In a word... "Fun"! If you have time for a third course on the West Side, check out Kitsap County Fairgrounds. Its a young course, very left hand friendly, and heavily wooded. It played pretty tight a couple of months ago when I was there, but they have a good club and have "work parties" often. It has probably opened up some. There might even be concrete tee pads by now.

As far as courses to play near the Airport:

1.Seatac (in Seatac)
                    2.Steilly
                    3.White River (in Auburn)
                    3.Lakewood (in White Center)
                    Yeah they both get #3!
                    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Quick reply for the Kitsap Fairgrounds course in the West Sound.

There are now 12 concrete tee pads. Two more tee pads are planned to be poured within the next two weeks. All the tee pads will be done by July. The Fairgrounds course is starting to mature into a "must play" course.

Back to the original thread:

My list for courses to play near the airport would be

1) SeaTac.

2) Lakewood.

3) Fort Steilacoom. I little bit of a drive, but worth it. Plus you get to play multiple layouts. Meet up with a local for the first time.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X