X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by erp View Post
    Just to clarify, one of the posts up there seems to suggest that the redneck chandeliers are litter when they fall, and not when they are up in a tree.

They're litter in any situation and add nothing to the course.

I saw them in both situations yesterday at McGiver and wanted to eviscerate the knuckle-walking 'artisan' that inflicts their work on that course - luckily if I ever catch the dipshit in the act, there's a lot of space to hide a body
    Had you any luck in getting the hangers down? Also, I encourage all to pitch in to help keep Milo clean. Users of the course don't have to go more than one hole now to come upon another recycling can.

Thanks!

Comment

It sounds to me like this "new tradition" is some sort of GATEWAY VANDALISM. If so, I'm sure the Haag Lake Crew will probably soon be spraypainting on teepads, bulldozing areas of the course, and maybe setting a few forest fires. All so they can keep that vandalism high going. Its a shame, really...

We are arguing about pennies on trees.
      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

This is my new favorite thread!

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
          We are arguing about pennies on trees.
          Not me. I'm much more annoyed about the 1 bottlecap than the 19 pennies.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Point taken. I'm just trying to deflate this ever so slightly...
            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

I think its been deflated. The "tradition" will either be removed by those who started it or by those who don't want to see trash on the course and want to buy a handful of Skittles.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

God bless the vigilantes!
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Bob... please. How would you like it if a similar tradition were started on your property? Would it be OK with you if people started doing this with bottle caps or pennies at your course? Would you at least like to be consulted on whether or not it is OK? Wouldn't you be concerned that people who visited your course found it hickish and juvenile?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The display that Trozzle illustrated on a tree at a tee, done in that fashion, certainly would not bother me in the slightest. I think bottle caps are trash, and I pick a few up. I hate picking up butts, as I don't want to put them in my bag. There is a definite difference between litter and the penny graph.

Comment

In your eyes, maybe. To others, the pennies are just as worthless as the bottle caps and create an equal eyesore.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

...in the eye (and mind) of the beholder.

Mine's bigger (better).

You start by ripping down those pennies, next thing you'll be burning synagogues. Those gateway behaviors, again. I'm not without sin here. It just seems there has to be some small space for tolerance.

Comment

Throwing away litter = acts of anti-semitism?

Wow... What's in the water up there in Skamokawa?
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ain't it funny. I nearly always agree with Sam's points, but when I don't, oh brother!

Comment

Godwin says we're done here.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                                Godwin says we're done here.
                                Works for me.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X