X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Sports Festival

I just happened to see a blurb come through in Google news alerts and checked this out, the Mountain Sports Festival in Asheville, NC. This looks friggin' awesome, and one of the best ways I've seen of growing the sport. Basically a festival of outdoor sports, music, and all around family friendly fun. Among all the other activities, there's a sanctioned tournament, a disc golf "variety show", and what I think is really cool--a couple skins events. One is for ams, and goes through the festival village, and the other, for pros, goes through downtown Asheville! http://www.mountainsportsfestival.co...Disc-Golf.html

I wish Asheville were a little bit closer, because I'd love to check this out. In any case though, I think this sets the bar a little higher on introducing new players to the sport.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

One thing that needs to be addressed is how do we reach new players? Having a tournament that is friendly to new players (and there have been several recently) is fantastic, but how many new players even know about them when they are only advertised on this forum? Flyers at parks help a bit, but still only reach a very small fraction of the intended audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      One thing that needs to be addressed is how do we reach new players? Having a tournament that is friendly to new players (and there have been several recently) is fantastic, but how many new players even know about them when they are only advertised on this forum? Flyers at parks help a bit, but still only reach a very small fraction of the intended audience.
      If you went to the student unions at all the local colleges posted flyers on the BB's that would reach a pretty big aud.

Maybe try putting them up in the corner store's front window.

This might be something that "Keen" should look into putting on???

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I think getting the media involved is a great way to reach the masses. The newspaper articles regarding the Leverich tournaments, KATU at the BSF...
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X