Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedy recovery Sean Phillips

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pass along a little sad news. Sean Phillips Broke his leg this last weekend while riding quads up near Longview Washington. I have no details of the break but I believe he had to go into surgery on Monday at the St. Johns Medical Center in Longview.

Lets all wish him well and a speedy recovery. I am thinking Sean will not make it to Worlds this year!!!
    Last edited by Flash; May 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Ouch! Sean -- get better soon so you can show everyone how much you can do! Heal quickly and come out and give everyone a bit of a hard time! Positive thoughts your way!
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

What a drag. Here is hoping you have a speedy recovery Sean. I have a femur nail (rod that runs from my hip to my knee inside the bone). It only took about a month on crutches the I was back walking. Bonus When I broke my leg I use to slice the ball in ball golf Broken leg helped me to hit more off my front foot and the ball started to hook. Half full-half empty. jub
      rewindb.com

Comment

Good luck Sean. Get better soon man... :-(

Comment

Ahhhh ouch, let us know the details as you get them, my human anatomy side of me is curious on what broke and what needs rehab etc... sorry to hear such sad news, it's never cool... pray for a speedy recovery.

Comment

dam sean that is so F-ed up.

rehab rehab rehab speedy recovery

3 months till worlds, i hope you still get to play

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I'll risk saying it, but 3 months is not enough time for something of that magnitude. I have broken my tibia, my brother broke both his fibula and tibia at the same time for 25 screws and it took 3 months just for the cast part without rehab. If there were 4-5 months, i might say there were a chance for Sean, but 3 months, that is risking future years of disc golf for one tournament, I would say make sure the leg is 100 percent before hitting a course again, but for sure practice putting in the yard as much as he can... Had a friend in another state mess up his knee and he gambled on a tournament or two before rehabbing his knee, now it's in worse off shape and he can't disc golf 100 percent anymore...

Comment

Hope you heal fast sean!! thats one of the shittiest things to have happen... disc golf season over

edited because I noticed him being registered for the beaver state. Maybe this means i can get a spot! Seeing as how i was told 20 spots were being saved for touring pros and being the highest rated player in WA i wasnt considered one of those. hint hint hint...

Comment

Sean shattered his fibula and tibula! His foot slipped off while riding and in trying to catch his balance his leg was pulled and run over by the quad.

Well wishes Sean!!

Comment

Sheesh... the lengths some people will go to... just to stay AM. <shakes head>
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to pass along a little sad news. Sean Phillips Broke his leg this last weekend while riding quads up near Longview Washington. I have no details of the break but I believe he had to go into surgery on Monday at the St. Johns Medical Center in Longview.

Lets all wish him well and a speedy recovery. I am thinking Sean will not make it to Worlds this year!!!

Ouch...That SUX....

On the bright side...Looks like another FULL TIME staff member for BSF.

Get Well, Sean........

Comment

i ruptured my Achilles a couple years back 4 weeks before the GNO playing basketball so i know how this feels. be patient sean. and feel good knowing that a break in the foot means a break in your game, which can be a very good thing. stay positive.
                        May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident Sean, hope to see you soon, and hope your surgery went well and you heal quickly.
                          Nate
                          Innova Champion Discs
                          Discmania
                          huk lab
                          Keen Footwear
                          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                          Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                          Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

I am so sorry about your accident. Sending disc golf love your way and I hope you have a speedy recovery but don't push it.

Keep us up to date on the recovery!!!
                            PDGA President

Comment

Originally posted by JMittl View Post
                              Sean shattered his fibula and tibula! His foot slipped off while riding and in trying to catch his balance his leg was pulled and run over by the quad.

Well wishes Sean!!

ouch

maybe can help....
                              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X