Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha... oh boy, this reminds me of my brothers football injury, guess who had to give him baths, the viocodin, breakfast, lunch, dinner... all during our freshman year in college, gosh that sucked...
    He was the running back for our college team, a high snap went over the QB, my bro runs back to save it from being a safety, sure enough 3 linebackers are already right behind him, the weight of 2 of them pushed down on the lower leg as the 3rd linebacker was under the leg, you know what happens, looks kinda like sean's xray but nothing poked through the skin but rather twisted at an angle, sounded like a shot gun going off, everyone got off in a hurry, and my bro threw the last guy off screaming and then saw his leg and passed out... 3 plates, 25 screws and 44 staples later, he was in my dorm room saying, bro, I'm sorry, but ya my bish now... 12 straight weeks of taking care of him in a wheel chair, crutches, food, even going to parties in a wheel chair, he had his fun... was back in action in 3 months but not without a lot of paranoia and wearing a good sports ankle brace since 7 of the screws were in the ankle. Been 7 years and they still in there, can feel every darn screw when feeling his leg... Talked to him recenlty about it, said its all cool... Sean will be ok since Disc Golf is a noncontact sport, but no hurry and make sure you got a real cool person to give you your baths hehehehe... Some of the guys on our floor were a little awkward walking into the bathroom and seeing one bro lifting his other naked bro in and out of the bathtub and all of that but it had to be done lol...

Comment

I was at Barlow Point near Longview, WA. There's multiple large MX tracks that are open to ATVs. However, I will admit they are a bit too big for most ATVs. After riding for most of the day my friend and I found out that the biggest track was almost empty. So we were riding around, rolling most of the jumps at first. There was one jump there that was perfect for me. A table top about 12' high, 30' long. I could hit it in 3rd gear and it would throw me up for a perfect landing on the down slope. It was the biggest, most fun jump I had ever hit. After successfully jumping this and a couple other slightly smaller jumps a dozen or more times my confidence started to swell. I started with the shortest double there and was clearing that pretty well. I was working my way up. Trying to clear the jumps one by one. We were cruising around the track. I was coming up to one particular step down and couldn't remember how far the landing was. At some point before the launch I started speeding up launched off the ramp. The landing was a good 5 feet down from the top of the launch. I fell from 10+' above the landing ramp and landed a bit short. Landed hard, my quad bottomed out (raptor 700 without the adequate suspension upgrades for large MX tracks with a 230 lb rider) I bounced off the seat and foot pegs. Me and my quad were a little airborne again. I aimed to land back on my quad but my right foot missed the peg. My foot hit the ground and got ate up by my rear tire. So I ran my right foot over with my right rear tire but stayed on the quad the whole time. I coasted forward to where my friend was waiting and looked down at my foot angled about 60 degrees off of where it should be. I shouted and slide off the quad to the ground, straightened my leg out and asked my buddy to call 911. The paramedics were there pretty quickly, probably close to 30 minutes. Taking my boot off made me scream, even after the shot of morphine. After a very bumpy ambulence ride out of the MX park and back to the hospital I had my first surgery that evening. Next surgery was the next day. Doctor put in a large rod from the knee to the ankle with some screws to keep it in place. He wasn't real detailed when he told me about everything. Overall I'm pretty unsatisfied with my doctor. He hasn't answered my questions about my return to work or filled out my disability paperwork yet.n

That's about it. Sorry about the novel.

Comment

So the BIG question is, since I assume Brody is having to take care of you, is how's his cooking?

Bob

Comment

dam sean... i mean ....OUCH Get Well Soon

How long till you able to hobble around or maybe you can qualify for 1 of those rascal scooter's.....

You coming out to the Fling?
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Dang! get well soon Lefty Forehand Roller King!
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Ouch, Sean. That really stinks. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

That being said, I'm pretty sure this was an elaborate attempt to reconstruct your leg into some kind of super bionic disc hucking robo leg. If that's the case, I would like to applaud your initiative. I hope it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                Here's an X-Ray and a couple pics of the surgery incisions with staples. The stapled up area around my ankle is where the bones came out.
                OUCH Sean that looks so gnarly I got to see my friends X-ray when she broke her ankle in two places about two months ago the two are very similar except my friends was closed not open. I hope you heal super fast, so you can get out and play again.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

That looks so painful! I'd have passed out for sure!

I'd also ask the doctor for Percocet rather than the Vicodin. Helps with the pain, but doesn't give you the queasy stomach. And even though you don't like taking the pain pills, it really is best to take them regularly (as prescribed) and stay ahead of the pain. They don't seem to work as well when you wait until you're already hurting badly.

Hang in there!

Comment

Sorry bout your leg bud. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Chandler
                    Team Innova
                    Team LSDiscs
                    Team Stimpi
                    Team Challenge
                    Team Oly
                    Team Fry
                    2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
                    PDGA #25541

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      So the BIG question is, since I assume Brody is having to take care of you, is how's his cooking?

Bob
                      Actually brody just moved out. I'll be movin into my new place within the next few weeks. My girlfriend Robyn has been doing a great job taking care of me while not at work. Her cooking is limited to things with instructions (hamburger helper ect.).

Comment

Actually brody just moved out. I'll be movin into my new place within the next few weeks. My girlfriend Robyn has been doing a great job taking care of me while not at work. Her cooking is limited to things with instructions (hamburger helper ect.).
                        My fiance has some KILLER recipes and are easy to make.. PM if ya interested in eating good while being handicapped...

Comment

Post operation picture. The doctor said that the fibula is ok like it is. I have some doubts. I was thinking about getting a second opinion. It seems like he should have put a plate and a couple screws to hold it straight.

Comment

Jesus. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that doesn't look right.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Looks fine. Everyone's leg has a clean break in it like that, right?

Rub some dirt on it, Sean. It's fine.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ok, you're making do it now! When I get back from the Fling, I'll whip up some good food for ya and bring it over.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X