Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean, sorry to hear about this. Best wishes in a speedy recovery. If you need anything don't hesitate to call me.

Bob

Comment

OUCH!
      Get well soon, Sean. Hope for a speedy and complete recovery.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sean, I would like to challenge you to a bag tag match today. If you do not show up I automatically get your tag. Ha-ha just kidding.

I am so sorry that happened at the height of your push to pro stardom. I don't even want to think how painful that must have been for you getting mauled by a wild four wheeler. My advice is to take your time to heal properly and do not rush the recovery and make things worse in the long run. Think on the bright side; at least you are not paralyzed. I don't think they have disc golf in the Paralympics. Take care man.

Comment

sorry for your pain man!

That totally sucks! Get better soon man.

Comment

Hey "Second Place"---

I hope you finish first place in healing from your injury!

Comment

WOW bad news travels fast. I just got out of the hospital. After two surgeries my tibia and fibula are rodded, plated, and screwed together. Doc says everything went really well. He estimates a solid two months on crutches. Thank you all for the good wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                WOW bad news travels fast. I just got out of the hospital. After two surgeries my tibia and fibula are rodded, plated, and screwed together. Doc says everything went really well. He estimates a solid two months on crutches. Thank you all for the good wishes.
                Glad to hear you are out, Sean! Two month will fly by fast. Like I said earlier, if you need anything don't hesitate to call.

Bob

Comment

sorry to hear this. Get well.
                  Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Here's an X-Ray and a couple pics of the surgery incisions with staples. The stapled up area around my ankle is where the bones came out.

Comment

Here's an X-Ray and a couple pics of the surgery incisions with staples. The stapled up area around my ankle is where the bones came out.
                      I would have probably passed out if that happened to me.
                      Current World Rank: 2857th
                      Lowest Rated Round: 777
                      Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                      Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                      Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                      Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                      Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                      Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                        I would have probably passed out if that happened to me.
                        The one of the paramedics asked if I had been awake the whole time. When I said yes he seemed a bit surprised. I pretty much went into shock right away and didn't feel too much pain until they had to take my boot off.

Comment

Sean,

That looks like a relatively clean break, was there any bone fragments they had to removed or were they forced to leave them in there?

Can we see an X-ray of the leg with the Ti pins and plates?
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

No X-Rays with the rods and screws yet. Maybe Friday, I have a follow up appointment.

No bone fragments were mentioned. Doc said everything fit back together very well and should heal relatively fast.

But it's been a week now and my leg still hurts like hell. I'm on a steady diet of Vicodin and I hate pain pills cuz they mess with my stomach. This is by far the worst thing I've done to myself and will do everything I can not to do it again. This is even worse than fracturing my T4 and T5 vertebrates, much worse.

Comment

Get well soon, friend!
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

No X-Rays with the rods and screws yet. Maybe Friday, I have a follow up appointment.

No bone fragments were mentioned. Doc said everything fit back together very well and should heal relatively fast.

But it's been a week now and my leg still hurts like hell. I'm on a steady diet of Vicodin and I hate pain pills cuz they mess with my stomach. This is by far the worst thing I've done to myself and will do everything I can not to do it again. This is even worse than fracturing my T4 and T5 vertebrates, much worse.
                                Fractures and compound fractures clearly not the same category.

So share a little if you can what happened and where you were at when it happened and how long it took to get you to the hospital!

Here is a little story about my friends accident:
                                My friend was living in Maui (tough I know) and he was out with three friends open ocean wake boarding behind a 3 man 150+ hp jet ski. They use a surf board with toe clips very similar to big wave surfing. He was on a 100 foot tow rope and the other two were on the jet ski, one sitting backwards with the Ski flag and the other driving.

The driver and flag man communicated to my friend that they were going to turn around and started the turn. My friend made the transition but got caught in a trough due to the finishing angle the driver choose against the waves. My friend, a very good wake boarder and surfer, attempted to correct for the driver by creating his own angle over the wave to his right and to set up a better line on a wave for the smooth riding.

Unfortunately the flagger, driver and boarder mis-communicated which resulted in my friend taking a 3-4 foot drop off the wave to the next trough. Typically not a problem but my friends back leg was jerked out of the toe clips on the board and his full weight came down on his front foot and snap goes the Femur. He had a compound fracture of the femur and was loosing a lot of blood, by the time the jet ski made it back around my friend was laying in a cloud of blood about 12 feet in diameter.

Worried about sharks and the 30 minute ride back to shore the flagger bailed from the jet ski, removed my friend from the water and put him on the jet ski, the flagger left the board behind, made a make shift splint out of the flag/stick and covered the wound with his rash guard.

The ride back was choppy and my friend passed out many, many times. He would regain consciousness scream for a while and then pass out again. The driver called 911 and had the paramedics waiting at the boat ramp. My friend was unconscious for the last 10 minutes of the ride and the ambulance ride to the hospital. He woke up in time to sign the permission to operate form before they put him under.

He had a severe fracture with many bone fragments, thus the intense screaming and passing out on the choppy ride back I guess. Needless to say, he healed up after a year and still has the scars to show for. He also had the $47,000 dollars in hospital bills to help him remember. This guy was no wimp either and had taken many nasty spills in big waves and some pretty bad coral scrappings, broke his ankle and a few ribs. He also blew out his ear drum twice and lost a little hearing each time. He said the compound fracture by far was the worse physical pain he ever felt.
                                PDGA #25296
                                Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X