X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag Putting

Is tapping out putts without taking off your bag considered rude? I like to sling my bag on and off as least as possible during a round. If someone you were playing a tournament round with always bag putted inside 5 feet would you be offended? It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I am wondering if anybody considers it showboating. I've seen many pros bag putt from further...
    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Not in my opinion. I've actually never heard anyone say that it is showboating or rude? It might be kind of dumb in certain situations, and it might cause said player to miss a putt once in a while, but I don't think it's rude or anything.

That being said, next time I see u do it, I'm calling a courtesy violation on you!

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
      Not in my opinion. I've actually never heard anyone say that it is showboating or rude? It might be kind of dumb in certain situations, and it might cause said player to miss a putt once in a while, but I don't think it's rude or anything.

That being said, next time I see u do it, I'm calling a courtesy violation on you!

Yeah and I am calling a concentration violation on you and you better know you are going to hear it if you are having a bad round and you miss one of those putts!!!!
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Yeah and I am calling a concentration violation on you and you better know you are going to hear it if you are having a bad round and you miss one of those putts!!!!
        What...does that even...mean?

Comment

Not rude. Not necessarily smart, but not rude.

Comment

So long as you're actually putting out, nothing wrong with it. If you're just slapping the chains, that could irk some people though.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
              What...does that even...mean?
              Maybe it has something to do with my focus!
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I always advise my friends to take off their bag and putt out because the one time you do miss that 5-10 footer, you gonna dwell on it all day and blame the bag and so forth. I don't care if anyone does it, but if they miss a putt, I don't wanna hear their BS.... However if they slap the chains without the disc coming to rest in the basket, i'm calling that for sure.... THat is just like picking up a golf ball 4 inches from the cup and not putting it in...

Comment

In a tourny, roolz iz roolz. The putt has to go in the basket. There ain't no rule against showboating. Not a writ one, at least, eh? You just don't want to miss the unmissable putt. Not unless you can laugh it off, anyhowz. Murphy's Law will often as not apply and sh*t will sometimes happen. Don't worry about offending anyone with your goof-up. Just be sure you can remain good company after you screw that pooch.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

It never even occurred to me that putting with a bag on your shoulder could be considered showboating.

Now, when Brian Cook putted between his legs and missed at Jet Wash last year, that's showboating. What a twerp.
                    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                      It never even occurred to me that putting with a bag on your shoulder could be considered showboating.

Now, when Brian Cook putted between his legs and missed at Jet Wash last year, that's showboating. What a twerp.
                      that being said the first time i saw player putt between their legs was mike werth at a steilly tournament about 10 years ago. i dont think its showboating. its giving a show.

Comment

I've missed more 10 footers with my bag off my shoulder than with it on. Think about that one...

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                          Maybe it has something to do with my focus!
                          Bingo was his name oh!!!
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                            I've missed more 10 footers with my bag off my shoulder than with it on. Think about that one...

anyway i have never considered it rude or showboating. i have done it more than 1 time in tourney's, and as long as it comes to rest in the basket i do not care how you got it there.

Now if you miss it i might give ya shyt about it also expect the same in return,being the tight knit MM1 div. for most of my disc career shyt tends 2 flows from all of us in 1 way or another most of the time anyway.... but always in jest

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

oh yea in reading the title of this thread i thought it was going to be about players throwing their whole bag in the basket after missing a putt......
                              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X