X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
    oh yea in reading the title of this thread i thought it was going to be about players throwing their whole bag in the basket after missing a putt......
    I should try this! Maybe one of them might actually stick.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
      that being said the first time i saw player putt between their legs was mike werth at a steilly tournament about 10 years ago. i dont think its showboating. its giving a show.
      And the difference is.......?

That kind of sportsmanship belongs in events that are specifically geared towards showing off i.e. Slam Dunk Contest, Home Run Derby. It has no place in regular competition.

Perhaps tourneys in the future could offer a Trick Putt Contest. Until then, leave the trick putts at home. It only makes the competitor look foolish.
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
        And the difference is.......?

That kind of sportsmanship belongs in events that are specifically geared towards showing off i.e. Slam Dunk Contest, Home Run Derby. It has no place in regular competition.

Perhaps tourneys in the future could offer a Trick Putt Contest. Until then, leave the trick putts at home. It only makes the competitor look foolish.
        I have absoulutely no problem when a competitor of mine does anything (within the rules of the game) to put himself at a competive disadvantage.
        Last edited by Scott; May 6th, 2009, 12:10 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Josh Anton (great California golfer) Takes almost all of his putts inside the circle with his bag on... out to around 25 feet... JERK

But he is among the best putters in the world... Is it intimidating? Yes? Is it rude? No, he's not trying to comment on my putting... what do I care about what he does, unless he's distracting me while I'm shooting... It would be like getting mad at someone for throwing a turn over on a hole that I was planning to throw a forehand on because their shot looked easier than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
            Josh Anton (great California golfer) Takes almost all of his putts inside the circle with his bag on... out to around 25 feet... JERK

But he is among the best putters in the world... Is it intimidating? Yes? Is it rude? No, he's not trying to comment on my putting... what do I care about what he does, unless he's distracting me while I'm shooting... It would be like getting mad at someone for throwing a turn over on a hole that I was planning to throw a forehand on because their shot looked easier than mine.
            I've seen him blow up over a bad shot. I bet he really flips when he misses a 20 footer with his bag on.

Comment

How does everyone feel about picking up a competitors disc when they are under the pin. I feel like in the pro division it shows repsect and saves time and possibly eliminates a nasty cut through or underserved spit out. I know some people don't like it, but I've never had a problem with it. The situation I've seen it in is when a competitor sticks a long put and while they are clearing out they pick up the other players disc that is under the bucket. Is it legal? No. Is it a issue? I don't think so...
              Team DISCRAFT
              NW Sign Up
              Gorilla Boy
              Paragon Disc Golf
              Odwalla

Comment

In tournaments I let people fetch their own plastic. Casual play, it's a nice thing to do for those you are playing with.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Yeah... in a tournament, holing out is pretty important. Nasty cut-throughs and spit-outs are part of the game. Picking up a competitor's disc is not only illegal, it potentially robs you.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                    How does everyone feel about picking up a competitors disc when they are under the pin. I feel like in the pro division it shows repsect and saves time and possibly eliminates a nasty cut through or underserved spit out. I know some people don't like it, but I've never had a problem with it. The situation I've seen it in is when a competitor sticks a long put and while they are clearing out they pick up the other players disc that is under the bucket. Is it legal? No. Is it a issue? I don't think so...

well in tournies i never touch
                    another players disc unless its in the basket
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I know some players can be pretty petty about things like that. I thought this was especially true in the pro ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                        well in tournies i never touch
                        another players disc unless its in the basket
                        Even then, you have to be careful. Some guys in tourneys don't want other people touching their plastic.

If someone picks up my gimme putt I always politely inform them that I'd rather putt it out. I've never seen this in a sanctioned tourney though, just in weeklies.

If there's no money on the line, I couldn't care less if you pick up my 5 footer. More than that, I'd rather putt it out.
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I agree with ChUcK! I knew it was bound to happen eventually.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post

Putt Bagger.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                              I always advise my friends to take off their bag and putt out because the one time you do miss that 5-10 footer, you gonna dwell on it all day and blame the bag and so forth. I don't care if anyone does it, but if they miss a putt, I don't wanna hear their BS.... However if they slap the chains without the disc coming to rest in the basket, i'm calling that for sure.... THat is just like picking up a golf ball 4 inches from the cup and not putting it in...
                              Yeah, like you are going to hear their BS anyway.......

Comment

1) This is a rules violation in PDGA tournament play. See PDGA rule 803.13. I assume and expect that all pro players make there best attempt to follow and enforce PDGA rules during tournament play.

2) I would be disappointed to hear that pros allow this during non-PDGA, singles, tournament play. It just doesn't seem fair and consistent to allow each player and each group to make their own determination on what is a tap-in. I have seen the best in the world miss from 10 feet.

3) I always do this during casual play, match play or heads-up stroke play. I too think it is a sign of respect, but in these situations the consequences of my decision to pick-up another players disc only effects me.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X