Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darr, for me it is all about meditative practices. There are strategies but when the game gets to you it doesn't help. Find your center be it in your heartspace or the space between your eyes. Focus on this space. When thoughts come into your head acknowledge them but let them pass. These are only thoughts and generated by our mind. Be sure to let the thoughts pass. Don't dwell and don't ignore. Find your center an focus a moment. Take at least three deep belly breaths. Count as you breathe in for 1....2....3.... and then the same exhaling. After this take a moment and look around you. Not at the game but the sky and the trees. Look at the beauty around you and smile. It is just another day and in the morning another round awaits.

When I first started learning left-handed it was very difficult and still at times it is. I began some basic meditation techniques and now my rounds are much easier to bear even when I am sucking something fierce.

Oh and of course the other piece of the advice, don't beat yourself up. It is a game and one you are meant to enjoy. If you were forced to shovel dogshit for every bad throw it might be something to stress but after a bad throw you are fortunate to have a chance to throw another shot.
    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Awesome stuff everyone, thanks for the ideas. Most were very insightful. I plan on absorbing them all and becoming Ice Golfer.
      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
        I plan on absorbing them all and becoming Ice Golfer.
        You mean you'll melt whenever the heat gets turned on? But you do that so well already.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          You mean you'll melt whenever the heat gets turned on? But you do that so well already.
          I think he means "Cold as Steal". Of course now I have this tune in my head, "Ice, Ice, Baby"

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X