Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best putter outside the ring in the NW?

I love this website... therefore I need more reasons to check it out and let my laundry pile grow bigger...
    Who do you think is the best putter outside of 30 feet in the NW, the one person who always seems to slam those 40, 50, 60, 70 footers at every tournament?
    Most of y'all know my answer since this guy is known for his "little longer" putt timing but seems to make it all worth the while when it goes in from 80 feet, straight up.
    But let's hear your answers since I know I haven't seen everyone's game...

Best I have seen: Brody Miller!!

On his way up: Matt Crider!!

Comment

outside the ring?

Gill-Mo

Comment

Doug Saulter is high on the list.

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
        I love this website... therefore I need more reasons to check it out and let my laundry pile grow bigger...
        Who do you think is the best putter outside of 30 feet in the NW, the one person who always seems to slam those 40, 50, 60, 70 footers at every tournament?
        Most of y'all know my answer since this guy is known for his "little longer" putt timing but seems to make it all worth the while when it goes in from 80 feet, straight up.
        But let's hear your answers since I know I haven't seen everyone's game...
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Agreed!!!

Comment

Ah, humility...

*ahem*Pinkal*cough*
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Ah, humility...

*ahem*Pinkal*cough*
              Thanks Sam, but I think my lack of consistancy should keep me out of this conversation.

Comment

Sorry...

Asked: the one person who always seems to slam those 40, 50, 60, 70 footers at every tournament?

And answered. Seen too many of these from you to leave you out of the conversation. NO ONE consistently hits these (as in, every time) but you seem to consistently hit them when it counts.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Damn, I kinda wish Pinkal had written more in his posts so Sam could send a lengthy retort of copy & pasted quotes, arguing just how wrong Pinkal is for believing that he's not a good putter.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post

along with his buddy Mike Linnamen if he is on his is crazy good on those long range bombs..
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Damn, I kinda wish Pinkal had written more in his posts so Sam could send a lengthy retort of copy & pasted quotes, arguing just how wrong Pinkal is for believing that he's not a good putter.
                      I post better than I putt.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                        On his way up: Matt Crider!!
                        Agreed!

Here is what happens all the time when Mat and I play.

It usually starts when I have been BOB for a few holes. I throw a nice drive that lands within 20 feet of the basket. Mat gets a little wild and ends up with some weird lie 50 feet out. Mat cans his janky 50 footer and I miss a wide open 20 footer completely to remain BOB.
                        Current World Rank: 2857th
                        Lowest Rated Round: 777
                        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Kevin Duffy-----He could be having the worst game of his life and still can 80 footers with his JuJu. He used to use the blowfly.

I'm not partial or anything. He may not be the best but he keeps up.
                          PDGA President

Comment

Thought we would be remiss to keep Coury Coates out of the mix. He is not afraid to bang a couple 50-60 footers in a row in a tournament. See Rose City DVD 2007 for a phenomenal anhyzer straddle putt around the bush on 6 at Pier in the long position.

Comment

Feldberg is the best in the world at these and he technically has an address in the NW...

Kirk and Colin Sexton are my additions to the list though.... kirk with the 86 softie and Colin with the wicked jump putt.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X