Crappy golfer + bad human = broken windshield and clean getaway Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy golfer + bad human = broken windshield and clean getaway

I was at Adair today with my brand new Mazda 5 (I bought it a week ago). It was a really nice day. It was also my first time at Adair. Man, what a nice course! But when we got back to the car, we found that my front windshield had been broken by a disc. I didn't even know that was possible. It is. And the individual who did it took off without leaving a note. I can't even tell you how upset I am.

The park was pretty packed today, and I can't imagine there was nobody around to see it. I will probably offer a reward if anyone knows who did it, but I want to double check with my insurance company to make sure I'm not screwing myself somehow. Anyway, if anyone happened to see it or heard someone bragging, please let me know.

WTF, that is worse than our weed problem... Hopefully someone hears something...

Comment

that sux hope some1 SAW something and call's you.

i almost went to adair this morning, but we ended up at "The Bend" getting my azz handed to me by the course

what's that........ oh that thats my putting........
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

That really blows. I'm sorry to hear that and my best wishes go out to finding out who did it.

Comment

I was once out at a football field with a track around it throwing some backhand drives. I griplocked one and it went way right.... right towards the parking lot. There were only a few cars there, but of course my disc was headed right at one of them. I think I was running towards the car before my follow through was even done. I didnt see it at the time, but there was someone in the car. He was in the backseat changing clothes to go running and my disc tagged his window hard. He said it scared him so bad that he actually pissed himself a bit. We checked the damage together and there was none, thankfully.

It sucks that someone, obviously a discer hit your window and just took off like that. I hope you find who it was and they pay for your deductible at least. Best of luck to you
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I was searching for a disc on the fairway of 5 and heard you ask the guys behind me if they saw anything. I unfortunately didn't see anything. I'll put the word out on the WDGC forum just incase any club members were out there and saw something.

Sorry your first Adiar experience ended so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
              I was searching for a disc on the fairway of 5 and heard you ask the guys behind me if they saw anything. I unfortunately didn't see anything. I'll put the word out on the WDGC forum just incase any club members were out there and saw something.

Sorry your first Adiar experience ended so badly.
              Thanks Casey. And I apologize if I was spouting profanity when we met. I was pissed. Overall, though, I loved Adair. We also went to Willamette today, my first time there, too. Also an awesome course. It was just a bummer to have to drive back up to Portland staring at the destroyed windshield.

Comment

I know how that drive goes. I was visiting my bro at OSU years back, and my drivers door window was shattered and my stereo stole. I had to drive back to Portland in the winter time, with no drivers side window
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I don't want to take away from the possibility of a disc breaking a window but, I actually hit a back window of a VW at close range (5') with a full pull once (yes by accident) and nothing happened, just a mark from the plastic.

This is a brand new car and probably the first day in the direct sun. Was it impact damage like a rock from the road? Was there a mark on the window from an impact? Or, was it a crack that started at the edge and could have been started when it left the factory. If it is the latter, it should be a free dealer replace.

Sorry it happened, it is a bummer.

E

Comment

There is no question it is from a disc. There is a disc shape "dent" of shattered glass.

Comment

Total bummer; unfortunately it was probably some fringe golfers. You know the guys, pound a few PBRs and they know everything about anything, DG included. Sure hope your insurance comes through without a high deductible.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

My car has been hit and damaged multiple times by discs. In all cases, it was known who hit it. But no one ever offered any compensation. In one case, I even asked, and was refused. I would really like to see more responsibility by disc golfers (and parents), both before AND after the throw.

On the flip side, I have hit 3 people with golf discs. Two were spotters, and the third was a fisherman whose attention I had gotten, and who ELECTED not to get out of the way of the shot.
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear about your car.

I find it amazing that a disc could do that to a front windshield - the convex shape makes it the strongest window on the car. Perhaps there was already an unseen chip that made the windshield weaker.

Anyone have a beater car or two that we can use for some mythbusting?

Comment

Cold windshields are brittle and cold discs are harder than usual. Weird that it might happen on a warm day, as car glass gets really strong and resilient when it's warm. If you ever try to change a windshield, do it in a warm place.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I was also shocked that a disc could break a car window but it did happen. Looking at the damage, it was unmistakably caused by a disc. It hit on the top corner of the windshield.

My guess is a forehand hyzer on 18 went terribly astray.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X