X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustin Keys, course record sniper!

Over the weekend, Dustin tied two course records!

He tied the Leverich Park course record on Saturday, and then followed that up by tying the Horning's Canyon course record on Sunday!

Keep it up, Keezle.

Also, Jason Pinkal tied the course record at Leverich playing with Dustin (collusion, maybe?)

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
    Over the weekend, Dustin tied two course records!

He tied the Leverich Park course record on Saturday, and then followed that up by tying the Horning's Canyon course record on Sunday!

Keep it up, Keezle.

Also, Jason Pinkal tied the course record at Leverich playing with Dustin (collusion, maybe?)
    and he aced hole 6 at orchard!
    Not as creative as keys

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee View Post
      and he aced hole 6 at orchard!
      Doesn't count since they trimmed the bushes back - too easy.

Nice Job, Dustin!

Comment

Bob

Comment

I think Pinkal said the course record at Leverich is -9 and I believe he set it or tied it. The records page still says Gwillbird at -8. Even if it doesn't tie the current record I'll still take -8 anyday.

I think I may head out to Benson and go work that course over today. Actually maybe I shouldn't. The only time I played that course I shot over par.
          Current World Rank: 2857th
          Lowest Rated Round: 777
          Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
          Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
          Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
          Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
          Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
          Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
            I think Pinkal said the course record at Leverich is -9 and I believe he set it or tied it. The records page still says Gwillbird at -8. Even if it doesn't tie the current record I'll still take -8 anyday.

I think I may head out to Benson and go work that course over today. Actually maybe I shouldn't. The only time I played that course I shot over par.

WTG Slinger

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Dustin was a putting machine at Leverich on Saturday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Doesn't count since they trimmed the bushes back - too easy.

Nice Job, Dustin!
                I knew Scott would chime in on the non bush Orchard ace. Now that they have trimmed the bushes it is really easy to throw past the hole. The whole course if really getting thinned out. I'm waiting for them to remove the bush on 7 next.
                Current World Rank: 2857th
                Lowest Rated Round: 777
                Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by keys View Post
                  Yeah, Pinkal sent me a note AFTER I congratulated you. The record book has been updated.

Comment

Dustin's round was really sneaky!

I wasn't really paying attention to how he was playing when it occurred to me somewhere on the back nine that I hadn't had the box in a long time. He had some tester putts down the stretch that he just stepped up and drained. It was a lot of fun getting to watch that round.

The real bummer was the cut-through on 14 that took away the new course record.

Oh, and for the record, apparently the correct line on hole 12 is through the V-tree...

Comment

What course are you talking about? Hole 14? A V-tree on 12? At Leverich?!
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

OK, OK... it's still early. V-tree would be Horning's Canyon Course. 14 cut-through sounds like it might have been a Horning's blow-through?
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yes, there is a V-tree (at least that's what I call it) on hole 12 at Horning's Canyon Course. Every time I've played there with Dustin he throws through the V. The first time he aced, the other two times he almost aced and had drop in birdies.

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                            Yes, there is a V-tree (at least that's what I call it) on hole 12 at Horning's Canyon Course. Every time I've played there with Dustin he throws through the V. The first time he aced, the other two times he almost aced and had drop in birdies.
                            Every time I play there, I throw it through the V... by accident. I don't know what the hell it is about that hole, but I just can't throw it straight through the normal opening.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I went through the V yesterday as well. I go through it about 50% of the time. In fact, 70% of the time, I park it ALL the time!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X