X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule protocol possabilites

Is it possable to decide and implement a protocol for scheduleing of events sanctioned and non?

If so The old criteria was always

Traditional events on traditional weekends ie Celebration the week before the actual Celebration.

State series (before there were 9-10 events per year per state) took into account players who wanted to play both series.

NW series was the cream of the events. Windy River, Celebration, Whistlers, Stelli Summer Classic, Timber Park were always included.

Yearly events like Ice Bowl, WB were set up to get maximum exposeure and particpation

Off season events
    The same weekend each month was set for Ace pots/ leagues , OLE's etc.
    rewindb.com

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    NW series was the cream of the events. Windy River, Celebration, Whistlers, Stelli Summer Classic, Timber Park were always included.

Maybe until the Oregon Series came along.

I don't think that much can be done with the free for all thing we got going on these days.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

But with advanced planning it can be done? For some magical reason none of the Oregon events this year conflict with ODDGA...

Comment

I know that everyone is trying to do something new and that is great it gives the people options. I believe that scheduling is the responsibility of the individual who is running the event so if they don't announce it far enough in advance then it only hurts the event. The option for alot of new events is that there is going to be a learning curve why not try to help others out with helpful advice instead of complaining that you may have to miss one event there are plenty of others going on that have been scheduled with enough time to register.

Comment

So What your saying is everthing is fine . We don't need any more infliuence about how our sport should be handeled in reguards to scheduleing. if thats the case we are destined to repeat our mistakes
          rewindb.com

Comment

Is it possable to decide and implement a protocol for scheduleing of events sanctioned and non?

If so The old criteria was always

Traditional events on traditional weekends ie Celebration the week before the actual Celebration.

State series (before there were 9-10 events per year per state) took into account players who wanted to play both series.

Yearly events like Ice Bowl, WB were set up to get maximum exposeure and particpation

Off season events
            The same weekend each month was set for Ace pots/ leagues , OLE's etc.
            Is it possible? Anything is possible with communication and cooperation. PDGA events SHOULD be scheduled through the State Rep. In Oregon that would be Mike Ruzika (Magilla) who I would hope would take into consideration events in nearby states as well as larger PDGA events around the country. For instance if you wanted to schedule an A-tier and draw some top pro's Mike (or your rep) should be sure it doesn't conflict with an NT event or Worlds or something like that. The Oregon Series and NW Series peeps should TALK as to not schedule conflicting events. At some point though it will be impossible to not have conflicts. Since most events are going to happen on Sat. or Sun. it really limits the number of days and tournament possiblilities other wise. The key however is open and possitive communication.

Bob

Comment

weekends -- limited
              tournaments -- unlimited
              disc golfers -- unlimited

Someone will just have to create more weekends.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

From What I have read so far is no one thinks scheduleing is a problem. it hsould be left up to the event. Well If you ask me pretty soon scheduleing will be a problem and it would be different if we actually had a solutuion before it came to critical mass. If not then we should agree to not whine about over scheduleing anymore. I see in the near future events less than 100 miles apart competeing for the same player base.
                rewindb.com

Comment

From What I have read so far is no one thinks scheduleing is a problem. it hsould be left up to the event. Well If you ask me pretty soon scheduleing will be a problem and it would be different if we actually had a solutuion before it came to critical mass. If not then we should agree to not whine about over scheduleing anymore. I see in the near future events less than 100 miles apart competeing for the same player base.
                  Why is it such a big deal if two tourments occur on the same day/weekend? It's bound to happen. People will play where they will, and the quality tournaments will survie to return another year.

Comment

Stop making sense!
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I believe that what I said earlier stands true choices are good and that people will always find something to complain about not everyone is going to be able to travel 100 miles to play a tourney so if something is offered closer then that would be the better option. In closing we all have to make some tough decisions and live with the ones that we make so if scheduling is the focus then maybe it should be just like all other sports release a schedule for the upcoming year earlier so people can choose what they want to play.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X