X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by all2common View Post
    This one of the few good ideas that Jeff comes up with and I support his effort.
    I'd totally rip into you for this comment... but I don't want to get hit in the face with a Sidewinder.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      I find it exceptionally hard to believe you are putting a negative twist in this thread. Whatever.
      I'm not at all. I'm just saying that, via Chapter 164 of ORS, there may be ways to get the perpetrators to pay, and pay dearly, WITHOUT having to take up a collection for "reward money."
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        I'm not at all. I'm just saying that, via Chapter 164 of ORS, there may be ways to get the perpetrators to pay, and pay dearly, WITHOUT having to take up a collection for "reward money."
        I agree, but I think Jeff's point is that without a reward we would never be able to get a conviction.

Comment

I hate all littering. I tend to share some points of view with Adam, but I am willing to put $20 on the chandelier problem!

Comment

Yes, but how has that worked so far? Jeff's idea shows that we care enough about this issue that...
            a) we aren't going to wait for someone else to solve the problem
            b) we are willing to put up our own dollars to solve it

Comment

I agree, but I think Jeff's point is that without a reward we would never be able to get a conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                As many of you know we have a bit of a problem with some moron stringing bottles and cans together and tossing them up in the trees like some kind of redneck chandelier. We cut them down and haul them out, but by the next weekend there are more of them up there.

I would really like to put an end to it once and for all. Perhaps the solution might be a sign offering a $500 reward leading to the arrest and conviction of the scumbag who keeps doing it. Now, I can't afford to pay the whole $500 BUT I would be willing to $50 of my own money on the line and I was thinking we, as a community, could possibly pony up maybe $20 each.

The way I see it is if we do get some info and can bust the guy(s), then we're golden. Similarly, if the perpetrator sees the signs, get's nervous and just stops doing it we get the clean course AND we get to keep our money.

So... Are any of YOU willing to put up $20 to give this a try???

I would like to the rangers this weekend for permission to put up a few signs, but I need to know if people will get behind this idea.

If you are willing to help, please note your committed contribution amount to me here... or if you prefer to keep your anonymity send it to me via PM.

NO money will be collected unless we get some info.

I deal with a lot of inappropriate use of natural areas in my job, and targeted signage will help to a degree even without a conviction. Another perhaps less feasible option is a field camera like hunters use, mounted into a tree and hidden. Has a memory card you can get images from, etc. They can be expensive but someone might have one to borrow. You do risk the chance of someone stealing it.

I realize it's not as easy as putting up some reward signs, but when you finally do get that image of Adam Schneider tossing the tied together cans into the trees you'll have evidence for the trial!
                Last edited by Matt B.; April 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                  I realize it's not as easy as putting up some reward signs, but when you finally do get that image of Adam Schneider tossing the tied together cans into the trees you'll have evidence for the trial!

NOW we know why he's against this plot to stop the vandals!

(j/k)

Comment

Curses! Foiled again!

And just to reiterate: I'm not against the plan at all. I think extra signs encouraging people to report litterers is a great idea, reward or not.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I'll pitch in $20 if you get the act on video and put it on youtube... and include the perp getting nailed by 20 sidewinders just as a "taste of his own medicine".... And then post signs saying "want to see what happens to people who litter or ugly up the park, go to www.youtube.com/etc..."
                      Or just catch the guy and post his picture and that will be a 2nd option...

Comment

Is there any one place where they come back when removed - quickly and predictably?

I'm unemployed and have a pretty good lens on my camera ;-)

Comment

i'll put atlest $20 in more if needed

Comment

Great idea Jeff...
                            I'm in for twenty.
                            Mat
                            Not as creative as keys

Comment

Yeah, you can count on me for a twenty dollar money order if it ever goes that far. I'm sure the signs will do it. If they have the opposite effect, so much the better when you nail 'em.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Jeff-
                                I would donate to this fund.
                                A side question: Did you coin the term "redneck chandelier" cause I could almost hear Romito's voice when I read it?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X