X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing baskets is pathetic

I had just gotten an email this morning about some stupid individuals who have chosen to vandalize a wonderful disc golf park... GRRRR! We need our folks to be

=========== (this is the email)
    Sometime between Sunday (4/12/09) and monday (4/13/09) the MACH V basket from hole #2 was stolen! I filed a police report and I am offering a reward of $100.00 to anybody with information regarding this theft. This is the second basket in a year that we have had stolen. We have dealt with too much vandalism to our course and our kiosk. This has got to stop!

This is a huge step backwards for the club and the course! All of the hard work that went into the Yauger Bomb tourney, only raised enough money for half of a basket! Instead of talking about concrete tee pads, now we must buy another basket!

Chris Gilberts
    President,
    SPSDGA
    ==================== (end of email)
    Let's pitch in and help out!
    Last edited by Mystjava; April 14th, 2009, 09:54 AM. Reason: spelling error and clips of the email.
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

That sucks. It's really irritating because its probaly a disc golfer who wanted a basket, Those #uc$er$! Especially since I'm reading that it is the second basket.
    Could you potentially just replace it with a tone and put a sign up at the tone and kiosk that states "Unfotuntly a few people have spoiled it for the rest. Since this is the second basket stolen the club has put the course on probation, therefore this hole will remain a tone hole for one year or until someone returns the basket. This is unfortunate but until people can learn to respect the park this is what must be done."

Maybe we can get on-star tracking on the baskets. I know its far fetched just throwin out ideas. Hey Karma works, so however did this will pay one way or the other.
    WORK LESS THROW MORE
    http://www.grippt.com

Comment

Originally posted by sk8architecture View Post
      That sucks. It's really irritating because its probaly a disc golfer who wanted a basket, Those #uc$er$! Especially since I'm reading that it is the second basket.
      Could you potentially just replace it with a tone and put a sign up at the tone and kiosk that states "Unfotuntly a few people have spoiled it for the rest. Since this is the second basket stolen the club has put the course on probation, therefore this hole will remain a tone hole for one year or until someone returns the basket. This is unfortunate but until people can learn to respect the park this is what must be done."

I really like having a basket to shoot at, but you have a pretty good idea here. i will pass this on to our club president. we have a practice basket that we were planning on moving to the #2 position, but maybe this would be effective on letting people know that everybody suffers when something like this happens.
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Stealing baskets is pathetic

Stealing baskets is pathetic. Play at the park or fork out the dough and buy your own damn basket.

We have a growing problem in this area, this email was just sent to me

Over the last three weeks baskets have been stolen from Yauger Park and Ft Steilacoom. As a member of both clubs I am appalled at the behavior of some golfers. I am sending a blanket e-mail to all club members to ask for your support in catching these thieves.

Team Oly just had a fund raising tournament to raise money for installation of concrete pads. They must now spend the money raised to pay for a new basket. As disc golfers we must remain diligent in protecting course assets from vandals and thieves. If you see someone vandalizing or stealing course assets, we ask that you call 911 and report the offense immediately. Together we can stop these people! When you see something happening, get a description of the offender and the vehicle they are driving. The TDGPA supports the prosecution of these individuals. Repairs to course assets takes away money that should be spent improving the park.

A reward has been offered by Team Oly for information that leads to the arrest of the individuals responsible for the theft from Yauger Park. Be observant when you are golfing. I know together we can stop the vandalism and thievery.

Thanks, Rob

Rob is Rob Dean, an active member of the Tacoma Disc Golf Player Association.

Thanks for reading this post,

Mike Rideout
        WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this Chris. It's so damned disheartening! Carry on.

Comment

Wow, incredible. This is highly irritating. What unintelligent, angry, white trash, tweaking (probably young male) pricks! Sorry webmaster, that last word slipped. It's impossible to be super vigilant on every course at every hour of the day/night ... sorry to hear this.

Comment

I would probably put up a reward for anyone who actually is a disc golfer and catches someone stealing or vandalizing a basket AND puts a pounding on them on the spot. Not KIDDING... Couple weeks ago, me and a friend are playing at ROCKLIN, and this group in front of us is taking their sweet little time causing quite a back up. We decide to play through them while they are on the fairway but way off to the right in no man's land. My disc goes into the tree down the fairway. WHile we were focused on this, the group finished out the hole and took off, stealing my friend's disc in the process, only 100 feet away! My friend saw his disc missing and knew the group stole it cuz they weren't playing the next hole. He took off and apprahended them, demanded they open their bag, the guys did, because my friend is like 6'1" 235 pounds, he ripped the disc out of their bag and they gave him shit for it and he was like, you really wanna risk your throwing arms... they ran... but point is, it seems there are different subcultures in the disc golf world, the ones that play for fun and FK the world, and those who cherish the game and everything with it... someone needs to send these "play for fun and fk the world" guys a message...

Comment

You might also look on EBay & Craigslist for baskets for sale.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I probably will be marking our baskets at Camp Taloali as well as informing the local community that if someone tries to pawn or sell the baskets for money in one form or another to confiscate it etc...

Comment

There's more in the other link "Stealing baskets is pathetic" on this forum. I just wonder if it is possible to get the two threads posted together?
                    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

Sure... as in the same thread?
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Huh.... did that work "gracefully"?
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

If you read them both - you will realize they're both on the same topic.. rotten people who chose to destroy or steal things that are connected to disc golf.. (Not in that many words!)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Huh.... did that work "gracefully"?
                            More or less... I'm not sure if the "Moved" thing is necessary though.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Thanks for the effort -- they're both on the same line - I recall my frustration this morning when I got the email and the first place I had to come share about that was here...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X