Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a good course out by McMinnville?

I am headed out that direction today and I figured if I am going to be that far away I might as well make it worthwhile.. let me know if you know of a decent course that direction.

Wortman.
    No ponds for disc scavenging, though.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

no use going if there is no water .. thick bushes?

Comment

Not really, no. Just a disc golf course with little scavenging opportunities. Though there is an old folks' home right next to the park. You might be able to get in there and find some stuff of value.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Not really, no. Just a disc golf course with little scavenging opportunities. Though there is an old folks' home right next to the park. You might be able to get in there and find some stuff of value.

hitting old people with discs is reward enough for me. I was playing at Tadmor one day and I was throwing down a hole where it's like an aisle way of trees and I hukked a full force hyzer drive to curve around this corner. Just after release this guy, who must have been in his late 70's to 80's, strolls around the corner and into my flight path. The odd thing is he didnt' fall to the ground after my disc, still at full force and only about halfway down the path of flight, struck him square in the chest. It was only funny because he brushed it off and kept walking. I felt pretty bad but he said he was alright.

Comment

hey, my grandma lives there... she's a student of dion's... she's on her first black belt and knows discs are her grandson's fave stuff so anyone who tries to sucker her out of a disc is gonna get a roundhouse and a chopdown...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
              hitting old people with discs is reward enough for me. I was playing at Tadmor one day and I was throwing down a hole where it's like an aisle way of trees and I hukked a full force hyzer drive to curve around this corner. Just after release this guy, who must have been in his late 70's to 80's, strolls around the corner and into my flight path. The odd thing is he didnt' fall to the ground after my disc, still at full force and only about halfway down the path of flight, struck him square in the chest. It was only funny because he brushed it off and kept walking. I felt pretty bad but he said he was alright.
              That was probably Jesus... after having stakes through his hands/wrists and poked a few times with spears... plastic discs are easy to brush off, plus he loves Disc Golf, you gonna get hit once in a while... cool dude to play with..

Comment

Hmmm... your 'full-force hyzer' didn't faze the old fella eh. He probably muttered something under his breath like: "Punk kid... I've seen better arms on a rocking chair!" or "I've seen better throws on a couch."
                Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Well I've seen Brians hyzer, so I wasn't surprised to hear he didn't go down
                  educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Puttzinski View Post
                    Hmmm... your 'full-force hyzer' didn't faze the old fella eh. He probably muttered something under his breath like: "Punk kid... I've seen better arms on a rocking chair!" or "I've seen better throws on a couch."

OH SNAP

1st post bringing it........

Jman following it up very solid......

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                    Well I've seen Brians hyzer, so I wasn't surprised to hear he didn't go down
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

So, anyway, yeah... Wortman.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        So, anyway, yeah... Wortman.
                        I knew those comments were coming .. it is what I would have said if I read it LOL

However, i can throw average of 325-350 and have thrown 400 on a couple occasions. I am no powerhouse, but I can get it out there good enough. I have bad shoulders so Ic an't throw it super hard or my shoulder gets injured .. unfortunately.

Comment

Wortman was fun. I about got a hernia I was so mad on that one hole that goes into the trees. I think it is like hole 9 or 10. I hit the trees with like 5 or 6 discs in a row. That hole is just gay! And then people were shooting at the same baskets I was on. I was competing with up to 2 additional groups on many holes. It was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                            And then people were shooting at the same baskets I was on. I was competing with up to 2 additional groups on many holes. It was odd.
                            Apparently Wortman has at least one alternate layout that the locals play... although I'd think people following the "normal" 12 would have right-of-way.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

At Wortman you play the 12, then turn around and play them backwards. As to #10, throw your putter, if you push a driver you'll throw with too much power. Too much power means you sacrifice any control.
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X