Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the various types of rocs..

Ontario is understable
    San Marino is straight
    Rancho is slightly overstable
    KC pro is a little more overstable than Rancho

What about
    Classic Roc
    Super Roc
    and most importantly for my knowledge, the flat roc??

More overstable
    More overstable
    More overstable

Anything else?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sorry... I could have added more.

Classic Roc - I don't throw a bunch so I would have to defer to someone who throws these. I do know that they are more stable than an Ontario.

Super Roc - these are also more overstable but you can definitely get over on them. They are probably most similar to a NEW KC Pro.

Flat Roc - this is the most stable of Rocs that I carry in my bag. I flip it and if I get the height and the snap right, it comes back perfectly every time. I also use this for short hyzer shots that most might throw a Gator at.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I carry 5 Rocs in my bag .. I took my classic Roc out because it was too overstable for what I wanted to do with them. I use my DX Roc for overstable stuffs. I have found my super Roc to be pretty overstable too, although not as bad as my classic. I only just got my Ontario so I haven't had much experience with it yet. but it seems to be overstable also. that could be because it is brand new.

I;m not sure about a flat roc .. not sure I know what that is. My Classic Roc seems very flat on top, much flatter than all my others.

I also like Valks and leopards. I have 5 leopards and at least 4 Valks that I carry everywhere. Different weights and types (pro, DX, champ, star etc..)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          I
          I;m not sure about a flat roc .. not sure I know what that is.

Yea Sam ... WHAT is what you call a "Flat Roc"

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
            Yea Sam ... WHAT is what you call a "Flat Roc"

I'm assuming he's referring to Ching rocs.

Comment

Maybe he means a Ching roc? Anyway, those start out tastey stable and season nicely to tastey understable! Mmm.

Comment

my KC Roc is super understable now. it is very beat up and I can wrap it right around trees and it won't even fade back when landing at all. It is awesome

Comment

I do mean the Ching Rocs... though I gave Jamie an understamp that is nearly as flat as the Chings I have.

Depending on the plastic of the Ontario, they get very overstable. I have a star that is still stable but a DX that I can practically flip to a roll.
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Okay... umm in comparison to a kc pro roc then. I throw my KC pro rocs straight with a little fade and sometimes it is not enough for me and actually turns over easily at 175g. Looking for something a tad more overstable than a 180g KC Pro Roc, is this ching roc more or less stable than the 180g KC pro Roc?

Comment

New, I would say it is more overstable, yes.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        New, I would say it is more overstable, yes.
                        For overstable, i would use a DX Roc, they are cheap and work best for overstable .. IMO.

Comment

I believe Ching Rocs are $10 at most places - just a few bucks more and well worth it considering it is more overstable and will stay so for much longer.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                            I'm assuming he's referring to Ching rocs.

Of course he is.....So why not just call it a "Ching Roc"

I have some SWEET one's from Worlds in '97

Still have not thrown this years "Ice Bowl KC Ching Roc"...
                            Looks AND feels awesome..

Comment

Reason I asked is cuz Deaf nationals '09 is selling some for a fundraiser and wondered what their flight characteristic was supposed to be like. Guess I'll get one and throw it...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X