Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignorant question: What the hell is a ching roc?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      full color stamp. the process flattens the dome hence "flat top"

Comment

chain music

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I think it's a roc that get's a lot of aces so they call it "ching".
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
          full color stamp. the process flattens the dome hence "flat top"

Ding, Ding, Ding....We have a Winner...

Comment

who knows for sure how it happens?

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
            Of course he is.....So why not just call it a "Ching Roc"
            Not all "Ching Rocs" are flat and I've seen quite a few generic dx rocs that are flat as pancakes.
            The flatty rocs are really lousy discs and I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get rid of them. So, if anyone has any for sale or trade let me know.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

We are talking about an Innova disc, right? In other words, consider the flat Roc the screw-ups that they handed off to Ching to sell with a little co-branding. They are horrible, bad discs... and Yose doesn't need anymore! I DO!
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

As copied from the nationals website....

What made Ching Rocs special? We know...

It was the machine that applied the full-color stamps... Well, the full-color stamps are no longer available, but the machine that applied the stamps is!!!

Innova has agreed to run these Ranchos through that machine guaranteeing a true Flat Top Roc...

We asked and they said, "yes, but it will cost ya'."

Tired of digging thru stacks of Rocs for that perfect top? Want to stop ordering 5 to 10 discs just so you can get 1 that is "good enough"?

THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN GET THESE... FOR NOW.

Pay for one and get a flat one... Pay for two and get two flat ones... Pay for three and get three flat ones... you get the idea.

So here they are available for pre-order... You want a few? Pay now and we will give you first dibs in the order your order is received.

Disc color and stamp colors will vary...

Artwork by ZAM Designs.

Classification: Mid-Range Disc
                Diameter: 21.7cm
                Brief Description: THESE ARE FLAT TOPS - GUARANTEED - The number one professional mid-range disc. It is very reliable at the high speeds that pros throw. It ages slowly, becoming an excellent slow turning disc as it wears.
                Best Choice for: Experienced players utility disc, hyzer shots, anhyzer shots, turnover shots when worn, sidearm approaches.

About the Roc
                The Roc is simply the best, most versatile mid-range disc ever made. It provides accuracy at any range. This disc can take and hold the angle of release, even into a headwind. It can be used for driving, upshots, straight shots, hyzer shots or anhyzers. The Roc ages gradually and predictably. If youíre not sure what disc to throw, choose the Roc; just like most pros.

About INNOVA's DX Plastic
                INNOVAíS DX Line is produced with Innovaís Deluxe plastic. The DX Line offers the widest selection of models and weights. DX discs wear in with usage and over time will eventually take on new and varied flight characteristics. Many top pros carry several DX discs of their favorite models to provide different flight patterns for different situations.

Comment

all the glow roc's are flat tops also. deffinately more overstable than kc's.
                  Team HOSER:dancing:
                  Team OLY:cheerleader:
                  Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

classic roc

If your looking for more stability throw a champion classic roc.

Comment

Glow Rocs are really flat and have a great feel to them.

They are easier to find than Ching Rocs, and they also are pretty overstable when new.

I recommend getting a rotation going. Get an overstable DX Roc like a 180g Glow, and then when it starts to beat in then get a new one. Repeat until you have at least three of the same Rocs in different stages of wear, one overstable, one straight, and one turnover disc.

Your midrange game will thank you.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Or you could stop waiting to beat in that Roc to get it to fly like the "perfect Roc" and just get a Buzzz. If you are looking for that over stable Roc, then get a Wasp. You can get both of these in D, X, Z and ESP plastic (and the Buzzz in FLX) so your choices are huge and always available. How cool that you can buy one that will last and last and they don't cost 57.00 a piece. Neato!

Just remember, I'm not biased in any way

Scott Papa
                        PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM DISCRAFT
                        Team Discraft
                        Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Yay - Team "We Stole Your Mold" Representin'!
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM DISCRAP

Me either......

Just shows that they will let ANYBODY on the "Team"

Last edited by Magilla; April 8th, 2009, 02:21 PM. Reason: Misquote of Scott Papa

Comment

I throw both buzzz and rocs. Just need something a lil more overstable for that shot you just need that fade at the end. Will get the flattop roc because of course fundraiser for Deaf Nationals, but I do have a Wasp but puny 166g, need 175-180g to try it out...

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

Me either......

Just shows that they will let ANYBODY on the "Team"

Whoa, thanks Magilla for removing our beer goggles and showing us what "Discraft" really spells... As for Papa, I wouldn't openly advertise that you are on their team. Dion is ok cuz he can defend himself with his three black belts and killer 360's. You, however, whom I have never met, but heard have pink hair, on a team.... *images popping up above my head* ohhhhhhh

Maybe that's why i like the JK avair, as in Just Kidding....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X