X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Spring Baby!

Went to Pier Friday afternoon and by the time we left at 4:00 the course was getting crowded. Went to Milo Saturday and the course was packed. Went to Pier this morning and for the first round, starting at 7:30 pretty much had the course to ourselves, then by 9:30s second round things were picking up, but after the second round and one of Tim's Sausage Dogs, there was a huge back up at Hole 1.

Great to see so many disc golfers out but it's time to start practicing tolerance and remember that the courses in our area are going to be crowded and that they are there for all of us to enjoy. If you really can't deal with lots of people out there, plan your day and start early or wait till late. I think another half dozen good courses in the Portland area would help for sure.

Happy Hucking!
    Bob

Yeah, I won't even consider playing Pier, McIver, or Dabney on a warm weekend after 9:00 AM.

The problem isn't so much a lack of courses as a lack of courses within 10 miles. That's why Pier gets slammed.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah, I know what you guys are talking about. There was one whole other group out at Trojan when we were there this weekend. And one other golfer showed up at the Mud when were were out there. Tough times when the weather is nice - we're used to having both courses completely to ourselves...

~Z

(Cue the hate responses....)
      TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
        Yeah, I know what you guys are talking about. There was one whole other group out at Trojan when we were there this weekend. And one other golfer showed up at the Mud when were were out there. Tough times when the weather is nice - we're used to having both courses completely to ourselves...

~Z

(Cue the hate responses....)

Bob

Comment

That's one of the reasons why I love Steilacoom, even when there's a crowd, there's so many courses there's always room for more.
          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
            That's one of the reasons why I love Steilacoom, even when there's a crowd, there's so many courses there's always room for more.
            Josh........see my last post!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi Berra
              Coney Island? Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Two rounds at Dabney and one at Leverich. Some waiting but couldn't have been half as bad as Pier. Bring on the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                  Are you serious? That is the PROBLEM with Sleilly. There are so many courses that you have people throwing from three different teepads at the basket you are putting out on.

While it has improved, the place is still a complete clusterf*ck when it comes to organization.
                  "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Yep yesterday at 's we were the 3rd car in the lot and teeing off at 9:00 am even though the sows series was at sam brown. by the time we finished are 1st round the lot was full over 20 cars plus the 6+ day use sites.

Spring is here for sure
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Milo was crowded yesterday but not too bad. Leverich on Saturday was a zoo. Jamie and I hooked up with some casual players for 3/4ths of a round and that made it a lot more tolerable, actually. Rather than waiting on the groups ahead of us, we were waiting on the people in our group. Beyond that, however, it was a great way to show people the next level of love for this game.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yeah Zippy that was us at Trojan Saturday. We saw...two people show up after you guys took off and we were there until 5 or so. Aside from the fishermen camping around the baskets the course was great to have all alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                          Are you serious? That is the PROBLEM with Sleilly. There are so many courses that you have people throwing from three different teepads at the basket you are putting out on.

While it has improved, the place is still a complete clusterf*ck when it comes to organization.
                          Mid air disc collisions simply add to the fun but in all seriousness I've never had too much of a problem with hole crossings, most of the play out there moves in patterns based on the most commonly played courses. And I truly love the 14 crazy layouts they have.
                          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

The winds were down from the weekend and we got two guys from Santa Cruz Co. with a local who never played before but might have the infection now. There was a local couple out earlier and that was it for today's "crowd." That's springtime around Club Mud.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X