X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Clinic for New Players, April 18th at Leverich Park

Stumptown Disc Golf is sponsoring a series of clinics especially for new and developing players throughout the next few months.

The first clinic will be April 18th at Leverich Park from 9-11am. The focus of this clinic will be the basics of throwing, rules of disc golf and playing a round of 12 holes with local advanced and pro players.

Cost of the clinic will be $10, with proceeds going to support the Rose City Open. Registration is limited to 36 players. All ages and genders are encouraged to show!

Please register online at the Stumptown Store to ensure that you get a spot!

Questions? Send them my way.

Registration is now available at the stumptown store.

Click here to be flown to the right web page.

Comment

Carie do you guys need any help with this?

Comment

Bruce, we do! Does that mean you're volunteering? Hope so...

Calling out for a few more hucksters willing to give back to the community. April 18th 9-11am.

Comment

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
          Stumptown Disc Golf is sponsoring a series of clinics especially for new and developing players throughout the next few months.

The first clinic will be April 18th at Leverich Park from 9-11am. The focus of this clinic will be the basics of throwing, rules of disc golf and playing a round of 12 holes with local advanced and pro players.

Cost of the clinic will be $10, with proceeds going to support the Rose City Open. Registration is limited to 36 players. All ages and genders are encouraged to show!

Please register online at the Stumptown Store to ensure that you get a spot!

Questions? Send them my way.
          what kind of advertising are you using to reach people who have never played?
          I think that this clinic is great- especially if you can reach a whole new group of players-
          jabber
          the only good salad bar is a drive through-

Comment

I think I can Carie, I would have to head out of there right at 11 though, to help pour cement at McIver, I believe they will be starting at 10, so I could maybe make it by 12.

Comment

Originally posted by jabberjawsteve View Post
              what kind of advertising are you using to reach people who have never played?
              I think that this clinic is great- especially if you can reach a whole new group of players-
              jabber
              Great question, Steve. We're focusing our advertisement at Leverich where there are a TON of newbies playing. And of course, we're relying on our Stumptown peeps to spread the word. A personal invitation is always welcomed!

Comment

Great question, Steve. We're focusing our advertisement at Leverich where there are a TON of newbies playing. And of course, we're relying on our Stumptown peeps to spread the word. A personal invitation is always welcomed!

Hey Carrie if there are flyers available maybe we could carry some in our bags to hand out to newbies as we see them on the courses. I was at Leverich yesterday afternoon, and saw several groups I could have handed them too.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                  Hey Carrie if there are flyers available maybe we could carry some in our bags to hand out to newbies as we see them on the courses. I was at Leverich yesterday afternoon, and saw several groups I could have handed them too.

Cindy
                  Sure thing! Any one else?

I've attached it to this post. Hope it works!

Thank you for supporting disc golf and spreading the love of the sport we love.

Comment

Sure thing! Any one else?

I've attached it to this post. Hope it works!

Thank you for supporting disc golf and spreading the love of the sport we love.
                    Awesome I have 10 in my bag now

Cindy
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

Thank you all who attended and volunteered at the first Stumptown Clinic. Big props for our volunteers: Jason Pinkal, Bruce Murphy, Jeff Elliott and Matt Roller. We had 12 golfers show up for the first event...thanks! Hope you enjoy your new Stumptown Minis!

We plan on having a second clinic, May 16th at Champoeg. We realize that it is on the same day as the three-headed monster, but our May filled up quickly! The next focus will be putting...

Comment

Thank you as well Carie! I had a blast helping out, but apologize for having to take off so quickly after the round.

Comment

Carie great job on the classes! I am still going to practice my forehand and use your tips, but I am not ready to use it in my match play yet.
                          Thanks for helping me become a better player. Chou
                          PDGA 38153
                          STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Thank you all who attended and volunteered at the first Stumptown Clinic. Big props for our volunteers: Jason Pinkal, Bruce Murphy, Jeff Elliott and Matt Roller. We had 12 golfers show up for the first event...thanks! Hope you enjoy your new Stumptown Minis!

We plan on having a second clinic, May 16th at Champoeg. We realize that it is on the same day as the three-headed monster, but our May filled up quickly! The next focus will be putting...
                            The clinic was great My husband Steve and I had a great time. I have some new things to work on. The drive clinic with Jason was awesome. Jeff was great our group finished our round last because he took so much time with us. He really made me think about the game in ways that I had not before. Can't wait to try out some of the stuff today at our chickflick. Steve had a great time playing his round with the sidearm group lead by Carrie. Great job everyone

Cindy
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X