Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick golf but...wow

http://www.compleatgolfer.co.za/new_...age.asp?id=856

Freaking awesome!

that's pretty incredible. too bad disc golf has already done it.

Mike Suchocki, Willamette Pass,

From Wiki....

"RTS"

Willamette Pass is best known for having one of the steepest runs in the world, "RTS", which at its steepest point is 52 degrees. It was host the 1993 Subaru U.S. Speed Skiing Championships, where a top speed of 116.56 mph (187 km/h) was achieved. [1]

Elevation

* Summit: 6683 ft (2037 m)
    * Base: 5120 ft (1561 m)
    * Vertical Rise: 1563 ft (476 m)

Their vertical rise.... 1,410

still though, taking a helicopter up to play the 18th hole on a ball golf course is friggin' ridiculous! that's like paying a few grand for a few minutes. a ski lift might be slightly more practical (not to mention economical)...
    Last edited by Dr. Zaius; April 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM.
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

http://www.rootzoo.com/videos/view/G...Disc-Huks/1770

Here are some Swiss HUKS...........

Check out the cruise ship at about 1:02.
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

http://www.rootzoo.com/videos/view/G...ette-Pass/1748

Here ya go 06 Willamette Pass

oh never mind some1 "WMG" has pulled this because of copyright claim???

Comment

that looked like it hit the cruise ship....

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            I have thrown some from the top of the Tram there ( well here in Juneau ). I golf with a maintenance tech for the Tram and he gave us three free passes for me and two guys from ANC to go up there and throw some plastic!!!
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
              that's pretty incredible. too bad disc golf has already done it.

Mike Suchocki, Willamette Pass,
              From Wiki....

"RTS"

I remember that run!!! Darris Hurst and I walked down that damn thing to judge the distance contest for the GNO in '06!!! Talk about a tough hike on a steep slope! You had to fall from tree to tree!! I didn't even spill my beer. Mike's shot was the best though. He had the shortest shot with the most distance! I found it after the disc flew directly to his left a couple thousand feet away
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Leftybagger View Post
                I remember that run!!! Darris Hurst and I walked down that damn thing to judge the distance contest for the GNO in '06!!! Talk about a tough hike on a steep slope! You had to fall from tree to tree!! I didn't even spill my beer. Mike's shot was the best though. He had the shortest shot with the most distance! I found it after the disc flew directly to his left a couple thousand feet away
                yeah that shit was great! you guys looked like two little fleas running around down there at the base of rts. i forget who, but someone drove off of rts, threw something very stable a little too high and it traveled all the way around the FACE OF THE MOUNTAIN under the lift.
                god, we were all laughing and laughing and laughing... i hope we do that again this year...
                May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post

yea i am pretty sure it does you never see it go past the ship......

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                    yea i am pretty sure it does you never see it go past the ship......

It doesn't. The cruise ship is way farther than you think it is!! That shot is from the top of the Goldbelt Tram here in Juneau.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                      yeah that shit was great! you guys looked like two little fleas running around down there at the base of rts. i forget who, but someone drove off of rts, threw something very stable a little too high and it traveled all the way around the FACE OF THE MOUNTAIN under the lift.
                      god, we were all laughing and laughing and laughing... i hope we do that again this year...
                      That would be Mr. Suchocki!! I have never seen a shot like that in my life! We couldn't even really see you guys at the top. We had to watch for the plastic ( that sometimes ) came down the hill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X