X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Disc Golf...

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but Prime Discs (disc retailer) is hosting a fantasy sports disc golf season. It works for all A-tier and higher tourneys. Click the link for rules and other details. Might be kind of fun for some of ya'all...

http://www.primediscs.com/fantasy.asp

Also, it might be a fun thing for us to do something similar for B-tier and higher tournies for Wa and Oregon? Any thoughts? We could use GNO as the start of the season and the last tourney in October or whatever in the end of the season?

Ok, after about 2 minutes worth of thought, I think this would be awesome! I'm thinking something like Fantasy Disc Golf NW, or if anyone can come up with something catchier, that'd be nice.

Maybe $2 per person for the whole season and 100% of the $ goes into scrip for the winners (at cost, no one would make a cent off the "season").

Format could be something like this...

*) All B-Tier and Higher from the GNO through the last tourney in October is eligible.
    *) Pick your one MP0 player and one MA1 player per touney.
    *) You're only allowed to use the same player twice.

I'll have to figure out the scoring and such, but I could have that setup before GNO no problem!

Would anyone be interested in this?

Comment

I think that this is a fantastic idea.

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88

Let me know what you want to do and I would be happy to pitch in in any way I can.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

This sounds like fun. So the participants would pick their player a day or two prior to each tournament so we know who is registered?

I'm very interested in seeing where this goes.

Comment

Fantasy disc golf? What's not to love. I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
            This sounds like fun. So the participants would pick their player a day or two prior to each tournament so we know who is registered?
            I'm thinking the deadline would be the Friday before the event. So you'd have from Monday to Friday before the event. You could pick anyone that was on a pre-reg by Friday. If a player was not a pre-reg before Friday (i.e. they made it off a wait-list the day of or something), they would be ineligible and could not be chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              I think that this is a fantastic idea.
              http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88

I don't remember that thread. That might have been before I joined the forum here? or I probably just overlooked it.

Yes, though, I think I want to do this, if there is enough interest. My format would be more basic than the one you described, at least for the first season, and I think $2 to join for the whole season is reasonable, that way we can reward the winner(s) with something tangible.

Comment

I like it, Ryan. Just let me know how I can possibly help and I will do so.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Definiately sounds fun. who would us washington people pay the 2 dolars to?

i pick dave feldberg for every tourny!f
                  Team HOSER:dancing:
                  Team OLY:cheerleader:
                  Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                    who would us Washington people pay the 2 dollars to?
                    Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      I like it, Ryan. Just let me know how I can possibly help and I will do so.
                      I'll let u know when I figure out the "how's" and "what's".

Comment

Sounds like fun.....I loves me some fantasy sports. I will give you two bucks at the April Fools Dubs next weekend.

Comment

$2 for a season seems more than reasonable. In fact, it seems pretty low. I usually put at least $5.00 - $10.00 in any other pool I join.

Ryan - are you thinking of an "all or nothing" approach (only award if the person correctly guesses the winner) or a points system (10 pts if the golfer picked finishes first, 9 for second, etc...) I vote for a points system.

And I like the idea of only being able to select a golfer twice in the season.

Perhaps we can convince the Moderator in Chief to allocate a page on this site for tracking purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            $2 for a season seems more than reasonable. In fact, it seems pretty low. I usually put at least $5.00 - $10.00 in any other pool I join.

Ryan - are you thinking of an "all or nothing" approach (only award if the person correctly guesses the winner) or a points system (10 pts if the golfer picked finishes first, 9 for second, etc...) I vote for a points system.

And I like the idea of only being able to select a golfer twice in the season.

Perhaps we can convince the Moderator in Chief to allocate a page on this site for tracking purposes.
                            I would vote for a points system as well.

Comment

IN
                              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X