X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODSA Forum Gone for good?

So, I see a lot of the old names from the ODSA forum here now. I have been checking in at the ODSA forum and notice it is f'd up for quite a while now...has it been hijacked for good or...

RIP, I guess.
    "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

It's being held as evidence.

Are you now, or were you ever, a member of the ODSA BBS?
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

The site has been slammed with viruses/bots/nasties. Rumor has it that Jerry was quoted $100.00 to get it up and running again and is currently accepting donations.

But it's been down so long, I wonder if anyone would bother going back to it?

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          The site has been slammed with viruses/bots/nasties. Rumor has it that Jerry was quoted $100.00 to get it up and running again and is currently accepting donations.

But it's been down so long, I wonder if anyone would bother going back to it?

R.I.P.
          What's that sound? Oh yeah..........that's TAPS playing in the background.

RIP ODSA!

Bob

Comment

it had a good run. there were good times and bad times alike...

we'll kinda miss you ODSA...maybe...well, not really

Viva la NWDiscGolfNews!
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

I'm hoping it comes back and Brian and Jub Jub can use that one.
              Wouldn't that be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Comment

Odd. Were it this site, we would shell out the money to get the site back up so that we would not lose continuity and then accept donations to cover the expense. Not the other way around.

Maybe the writing on the wall is clear enough at this point that ODSA will never come back? It's clear that the community for current DG information and current DG discussion has found another home.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Odd. Were it this site, we would shell out the money to get the site back up so that we would not lose continuity and then accept donations to cover the expense. Not the other way around.

Maybe the writing on the wall is clear enough at this point that ODSA will never come back? It's clear that the community for current DG information and current DG discussion has found another home.
                  I consider it a blessing. I'm happy to see the disc golf community in one happy place. I think NWDGN is fast on its way of becoming THE place to check for ALL local tournaments, events, maps, and information.

Comment

It is the communal effort that makes this happen. I am absolutely beside myself that some key figures who are widely respected for their contributions to the DG community have stepped up to help out with the site. From those who are moderators (like yourself, Scott) to Adam Schneider who has been instrumental in filling our site with content to Ryan Gwillim for his course records work to all of the people who have made suggestions or contributions in other ways. This IS becoming the site that I saw in my mind's eye and I couldn't be happier about that than I am.

to all of you.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Delegation to the right people is the key to success. Keep it up. ODSA had and still does have it's spot in our hearts. Without it's foundations and what it provided over the years, this NW website would not be as good as it is, so gotta be thankful in one way or another. I look forward to the video part, where we can start putting up videos of different courses and tournaments for all to enjoy. Maybeeee even host tournament registration???? lol...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        Delegation to the right people is the key to success.
                        This is one area where ODSA failed, and probably the biggest reason why it isn't here today. I know several people offered their services to improve the website, including security, and were turned down.

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        Maybeeee even host tournament registration???? lol...
                        That would be sweeeeeeeeeet.

Comment

I do appreciate what ODSA has done (and didn't do) that inspired this website to exist.

Tournament registrations, though? Let's not try to give Adam and I bigger headaches.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

cool

well good enough. I am just glad I found the site that replaced the ODSA forum. No need for multiple forums anyway really. Thanks for all who are making it happen. plus I like some of these new icons...laters

Comment

options are allways better
                              i don't think this sight would be as good without something to compare,better,share, to
                              hope to see it up and running soon

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X