Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that this forum has every advantage over ODSA other than the history. ODSA had some great content in the depths like the Dyed Discs thread, or the recurring Pinkal's mom jokes (I've never met Pinkal, but I still found that theme to be pretty amusing). I know there are some old ODSA personalities, that for one reason or another, don't want to make the switch over to a new forum. A forum's content is dictated by the users, so if people want to have input on something, it's up to them to post it. It's free to sign up here, and folks are allowed to say whatever they want (within reason), so you can't really blame a forum for not giving the opportunity for "all points of view."

Bob, I think that's fine if you want an alphabetical acronym list--even though there are lists that already exist, there are regional colloquialisms that can pop up here that are fun (like my reference to Grandma--likely only NW golfers would have a clue who I'm talking about). If you want to put forth the effort to alphabetize it all, by all means, have at it, you got the powah!
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Personaly i like this site beacause its not just a forum, I mean NOBODY has said one word about the ARCADE!!! this forum is awesome because it has an arcade in it!!
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
        Personaly i like this site beacause its not just a forum, I mean NOBODY has said one word about the ARCADE!!! this forum is awesome because it has an arcade in it!!
        Yeah. That's right no one has said anything about the arcade. -There's just a whole thread dedicated to it.
        "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Bob, I think that's fine if you want an alphabetical acronym list... If you want to put forth the effort to alphabetize it all, by all means, have at it, you got the powah!
          The reason I asked (as I did before at ODSA) is because I DON'T KNOW THEM. What's more is, I have terrible short term memory and don't know them the next time they come up. Everyone likes to flop out KOTS or RCO without ever writing it out just once in parentheses.

As soon as I posted that acronym thread, a newbie said, "yeah, that would be nice." Then everyone had a good time making it into a fun and jokes thread. Cool, I like fun too. But this is pretty much the only DG site I haunt, and it would be nice if I could find it here where I encounter the bizzillion initials used over and again.

It would just be nice is all.
          Last edited by Ol' Bob; March 23rd, 2009, 02:23 PM.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

RCO = Rose City Open
            KOTS = King of the Sound, I believe.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
              Yeah. That's right no one has said anything about the arcade. -There's just a whole thread dedicated to it.

no no no. i meant on this thread.

that was just one reason why this site is far better than ODSA.

I totally agree with Tim about all the disc dyeing knowledge that was on ODSA. its a shame. we need more disc dyers posting here.
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X