X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its the opinions that matter
    and it seems strange i went to my friends up north tacoma sight and behold me if i didn't see links to other websights like odsa and club sights with there own forums and who is there main forum
    sounds kind of contradictory to me
    better straighten them out too

Comment

what in the world....

Comment

OK, let me try...

When you go shopping, do you buy one thing at every store in town or do you go to a big box store like Fred Meyer or Target? At those stores, you can get most everything you need in one stop. Shopping is more convenient, and you're lessl likely to forget something.

In many ways, this website is like one of those stores. Many of the features you could not get on ODSA are now available here, in one place.

Comment

Scott, this is a good analogy. One stop shopping is great. I think that this analogy also illuminates the idea that there are other stores open and even other all-in-one stores to choose from. I find value in the websites of my local clubs, this regional site, and of the national (international) PDGA site.

I have found it a better use of resources to participate in and grow an existing community rather than creating my own. The ODSA forum served me well in that regard and now this forum does in its place.

Comment

it's all good

We use what we have available.
            Some are good, some are better depending on our OP's.
            I hope ODSA get's back up and running.
            There are way too many youngsters on this site that either don't know or care about answering old disc golf trivia ?'s
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by AchimbaProphet View Post
              Scott, this is a good analogy. One stop shopping is great. I think that this analogy also illuminates the idea that there are other stores open and even other all-in-one stores to choose from.
              Aboslutley!

I love FM, but I don't do all of my shopping there. Far from it.
              But for many things, it's the first place I look. That's what I hope will become of this site - the first place to look for anything dg related.

Comment

you said it yourself,, target, fred meyer,, right there are two options
                so one of them should close because we don't need both
                there are alot of things i don't find here that were on odsa
                and vise virsa
                it seems to me the whole point is the other websight because your points are pointless
                so what your saying is that odsa had nothing to offer should not have been up and running anyway
                so why does tdgpa websight have links to odsa and other forums if this is such a bad thing

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                  there are alot of things i don't find here that were on odsa
                  One great feature that you'll find here that you couldn't find at ODSA is very responsive moderators. What do you think is missing here? Just ask, and there's a good chance it will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                    so why does tdgpa websight have links to odsa and other forums if this is such a bad thing
                    *I* do not think that it is a bad thing. I am the administrator of the Tacoma Disc Golf Players Association website. It will always be my preference to include links to other relevant sites and I will continue to include them. Viva la TDGPA!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      One great feature that you'll find here that you couldn't find at ODSA is very responsive moderators.
                      This is an extremely welcomed improvement.

Comment

Terry, it must take you forever to do your grocery shopping. I mean... to use your "logic", you probably get your coffee filters at Albertson's and then your coffee at Safeway and then the sugar at WinCo and then the Half and Half at 7-11 and the coffee cups at Fred Meyer. Then you go to a friend's house to make the coffee and then eventually sleep there because you can't just have one house.

Dude... you simply are not getting it. For news and events and such, it makes MUCH more sense to have ONE place where everyone knows where to look for that information rather than have a multitude of sites where the information you are looking for may or may not be there. If you see something that you enjoyed about ODSA that you do not find here, perhaps speak up and tell us what it is so we can consider adding it. (Honestly, I don't think that there was anything there that isn't here and you are just being difficult but I had a relaxing weekend and I have found a little of the extra patience needed to combat your "points".)
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

...it makes MUCH more sense to have ONE place where everyone knows where to look for that information rather than have a multitude of sites where the information you are looking for may or may not be there.
                          When I asked for an alphabetical listing of acronyms and abbreviations for DG, clubs, leagues, and tournaments, I was told they are available on someone else's site.

I don't think there are a lot of disc golf abbreviations, although there's some funky vocabulary. I think other sites have already compiled these lists though...
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                            When I asked for an alphabetical listing of acronyms and abbreviations for DG, clubs, leagues, and tournaments, I was told they are available on someone else's site.
                            We claim to be the definitive place for Northwest-related disc golf information, not general disc golf info. There's no sense re-inventing the wheel, unless the existing wheel is broken.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

You know Moderators are fine But the idea of self moderation is a only as effective as it members feel they need to act.

But it seems here that members are more likely to follow the rules because they know the mod's are out there. On odsa it seemed because there were no repercussions it was A free for all. As the one who tried to moderate and was crucified for it. I m just sorry we could not figure out a way to contain ourselves
                              Last edited by LJ Jubner; March 23rd, 2009, 10:07 AM. Reason: Clarification added A
                              rewindb.com

Comment

I was wondering, since I'm kinda' new to this computer/internet stuff, if there was a way to Atom/RSS feed all the different forums you belong to? And then use something like Newsfox or another news reader to see and read the new posts all in one place? Sometimes its hard to remember all the places to check. I know I bookmark them all, but I was wondering if there is a simpler way?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X