X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNF record

Has anybody heard of more than 16 DNF's in a one day gig?

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Why would anyone count them, after about 3?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

festivus last year had a bunch...don't know the number exactly. Maybe Eric Smith or Greg Johnson might know.
      Team DISCRAFT
      NW Sign Up
      Gorilla Boy
      Paragon Disc Golf
      Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Why would anyone count them, after about 3?
        A tournament director may want to count them when doing the results.

I'm not sure if it was the weather, mud ,or the sound of wild animals but we had 16 DNF's at the "Roaring Lions" DGC at Wildlife Safari.
        Last edited by Flatroc; March 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM. Reason: added a period
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
          A tournament director may want to count them when doing the results.

I'm not sure if it was the weather, mud ,or the sound of wild animals but we had 16 DNF's at the "Roaring Lions" DGC at Wildlife Safari.
          Perhaps it was the bear attacks?

Comment

DNF's

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
            festivus last year had a bunch...don't know the number exactly. Maybe Eric Smith or Greg Johnson might know.
            You're correct Dion,
            We had 12 DNF's at Festivus in 2008 out of 95 participants. A few of those played most of the second round but never finished in the darkness.
            It was 'perfect' Festivus day as I recall cold, wet and windy...

Comment

And I didn't want to cry at that one...

I am betting that the number of DNFs at the most recent Hab/Rec was pretty high. I know I was one and I wasn't the first nor the last.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Oh wait, you mean number of PEOPLE. I was thinking of number of HOLES in a round.

...you know, like, "what'd you get on that one?" "I got a DNF."
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

HA! That reminds me of the last team disc golf when Celeste didn't want to play because it was raining. I went 18 holes and at every one I said, "Celeste took a 7 on that hole."
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    HA! That reminds me of the last team disc golf when Celeste didn't want to play because it was raining. I went 18 holes and at every one I said, "Celeste took a 7 on that hole."
                    It rained, I played, and I still got a 7 on every hole.

Bob

Comment

It was a rough day.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                        You're correct Dion,
                        We had 12 DNF's at Festivus in 2008 out of 95 participants. A few of those played most of the second round but never finished in the darkness.
                        It was 'perfect' Festivus day as I recall cold, wet and windy...
                        That was THE most miserable day of golf ever, on the planet, period. Hab Rec this year did not even come close. For the record...I finished both. I am still freezing my A** off from Festivus 08 but Festivus 09 was FANTASTIC!
                        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X