X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire traps set at white river

Heads up fellow golfers as humanity has set a new all time low. I found 2 different wire traps set up at white river this morning. They were set in heavy foot traffic areas, and they would totally screw up your ankles!!!!

I am a retired USMC/recon and have some good training, and I seen them traps easily.

Hole 6 fairway, 3/4 distance to the basket, between 2 trees on the left, about 7 inches off the ground.

Hole 13 summer, 14 winter, just past the basket, between 2 trees on the right, as you would walk to the next tee pad, and also about 7 inches off the ground.

The wire in question looks like it is from a radio transformer. its copper wrapped around a heavy steel and white plastic center. it is super thin, super sharp and can do some serious damage to you.

I hope this is just an isolated thing, but as always, when your out and about enjoying mother nature, keep your eyes open!!

I filed a police report, but that does not solve the problem.
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Please do not make this a "bad guy" bashing post. Instead lets discuss what we can do to help make others aware that stupid people will do stupid things, and how to see/stop/prevent in a proper manner...
    Hukin since 1992
    DGOD #115

Comment

Tempted to say "euthanasia" but that would be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
        Tempted to say "euthanasia" but that would be wrong.
        nah, I prefer public humiliation and some servitude. Like 2 years of picking up garbage at public parks wearing a sign that says:

"I got caught being stupid in public"

Now that would work just fine................
        Hukin since 1992
        DGOD #115

Comment

I had a psych prof who advocated for the return of stocks and pillories. Primarily arguing that humiliation was shown to have an effect on modifying anti-social behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
            Heads up fellow golfers as humanity has set a new all time low. I found 2 different wire traps set up at white river this morning. They were set in heavy foot traffic areas, and they would totally screw up your ankles!!!!...I am a retired USMC/recon and have some good training, and I seen them traps easily..
            Now those are some serious skills!

Motivation: Why would someone do this?
            Park user who hates DG
            DG who hates other DG
            rewindb.com

Comment

Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a few signs warning people that these traps have been found, how to recognize them and also letting it be known they have been turned over to the authorities.
              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

...and maybe a pic or two so those of us who did not serve in the military know what they look like....

and WOW...that's some twisted stuff...
                educate your thinking

Comment

Are these snares to catch wild animals?

Comment

Originally posted by JMittl View Post
                    Are these snares to catch wild animals?
                    These traps were set up as "trip wires", I.E. a small wire or line, set between 2 points of contact <trees> in a heavy foot traffic area, at the height of about 7 inches off the ground <ankle level> to cause a person to "trip" over it, and receive possible bodily harm.

A snare for a wild animal is set-up differently, it may be spring loaded using a branch or what not, and placed where an animals leg gets "caught/insnared" by the trap.

This was very obvious to me, and to the cop who showed up, that the trip wire was set in a location to hurt another person/s..
                    Hukin since 1992
                    DGOD #115

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                      ...and maybe a pic or two so those of us who did not serve in the military know what they look like....

and WOW...that's some twisted stuff...
                      I was asked not to take/share pix, due to investigation......
                      Hukin since 1992
                      DGOD #115

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X